Valued Contributor

Re: Better Homes & Gardens salad plates etc. at WM

@Luv_My_Beagle wrote:

WM Plate.jpg

I meant to add that I purchased this plate at Walmart today.  I have so many, but I think this might be the new plate.  They had the red station wagaon plate as well, which I believe was from last year.  Just getting the BH&G plates put on the shelves...

Honored Contributor

@Luv_My_Beagle wrote:

@Luv_My_Beagle wrote:

WM Plate.jpg

I meant to add that I purchased this plate at Walmart today.  I have so many, but I think this might be the new plate.  They had the red station wagaon plate as well, which I believe was from last year.  Just getting the BH&G plates put on the shelves...

@Luv_My_Beagle  Thanks for posting!!!

@ChiliPepper  So glad I was wrong about BH&G and not believing that they would add to the collection. This was on your list you made...a snowman w/animals!  llls0251.gif

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Do all these pictures make anyone else want to cry? I'm looking at them and loving them so much, I'm getting teary! I never knew about these. Maybe it is a good thing, because I had other things I needed to spend my money on. But, oh my! they are so beautiful!

I was cleaning up my basement the other day, and all this BHG dinnerware I have is on one shelf. I caught, out of the corner of my eye, the stack of salad plates I've collected over the years for this set. Now mind you, I have only service for four in the rest of the set. And one platter, one set of serving bowls etc. very modest set. Those salad plates though I counted 15 and think I may have more in another cabinet! 

I made the habit of picking up two of each kind as the new ones came out each year. They mix and match so well that you don't need service for 4 or 8 or 12 of the same because of that (except the red truck ones I think I bought 4). 

And the great thing is I think they are indeed under $3 per plate. 

I stand there every year, thinking I should buy out the whole shelf (our stores only get like one or two boxes of them total for the season) and put them on ebay, as they easily sell for $10 each there, but I always figure two things. I'm not lucky enough to get them sold for that price (things like that never go my way!) and I want to leave what I don't buy for someone else to find the good deal and be excited!

I get anxious each year at this time, hoping I don't miss the day they are stocked, because they don't last more than a day or two at best, and if there is a new and popular (like the red truck) plate coming out, they are snatched up by one buyer sometimes. In reality, I don't need a single other one, new style or not, but I still stalk them out like it's the last jug of milk before a major snow storm!! LOL 

@PA Mom-mom

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

I don't think I ever saw this gravy boat set.

Has anyone?

download.jpg

I don't have this either, but would love to see it or another version come back!

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@Susan Louise

Oh, I hope not!

The church is a great idea!!!

Lets see:

Raccoons

Snowman & animals or child

Snow fox/fox

A different owl

Bear

Moose

Squirrel

Wolf

Snow leopard

Horse

Eagle

Canadian geese

Blue Jay

A winter camp fire

A log home

A covered bridge

I'm REALLY tring here LOL!!!

@ChiliPepper

You go girl!

Great ideas, and I think you need to be on the design team!

Honored Contributor

@Luv_My_Beagle wrote:

@Luv_My_Beagle wrote:

WM Plate.jpg

AAAAHHHHHH! I'm off to Walmart. I want this to add to my collection! Was hoping to hate this year's offerings and stop the maddness! Guess that is too much to ask for now! 

Thanks @Luv_My_Beagle

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio I guess that's why I never found them. I only visit Walmart about once a month, and then it's usually to buy a specific item. I will have to rely on walmart.com

Esteemed Contributor

@Luv_My_Beagle wrote:

WM Plate.jpg

@Luv_My_Beagle, Ahhh I may have to get this!!!

I only have the tree/bunny and the fawn plates, two each, until I broke one last year.  Since I am down to three total, I need another one, or two, or three lol.  This looks like the perfect companion plate to my others.  

Thanks for posting.

If anyone sees them online, please let us know.

Will they pull up if we search Better Homes Holiday?

Trusted Contributor

I just tried to find them using a variety of search terms, but nothing came up.  Now I am going to be stalking my local Walmart until these show up.  I was in another SuperWalmart today and they had a lot of Christmas out, but no plates.  Here they tend to put them out in a separate area from the rest of the Christmas stuff.  Thanks for the HU.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luv_My_Beagle

OMG, the first sighting!!!!!!

I LOVE the snowman & animal plate!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!

Thanks for finding them & posting the picture!!!!