Honored Contributor

Re: Better Homes & Gardens salad plates etc. at WM

@Mominohio

@NorthernLights

This is just a quick, throw together with a green towel LOL! Didn't have a tablecloth handy.

IMG_20171016_174927.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are faint, darker cream berries & branches in the background of the salad plates that blend in beautifully with the the light & dark creams on the border of the dinner plates. It doesn't show up that well in the picture but it does in real life.

IMG_20171016_180500.jpg

Valued Contributor

@ChiliPepper

I love your use of chargers and the PW dishes. I'm going to look thru some of my dishes and try to get a little more creative! 

@Mominohio

If they did bring back those cake stands I'd be in trouble. Knowing myself I'd buy at least 4 of them for stacking.

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

There are faint, darker cream berries & branches in the background of the salad plates that blend in beautifully with the the light & dark creams on the border of the dinner plates. It doesn't show up that well in the picture but it does in real life.

IMG_20171016_180500.jpg

This is such a pretty layered look. Makes things look so much more put together and elegant! 

And I know what you mean about that creamy background kind of scrolling pattern on the plate. It does give you something to coordinate with the PW plate very nicely.

I'm a brown (tan, cream, ivory, taupe) freak. I like the red charger, but I'm wondering how a dark brown one would look for after the holidays, just for the winter. The dark brown of the deer, the cream of the PW and a brown charger might be quite wintery and masculine too.

@ChiliPepper

Esteemed Contributor

Do all these pictures make anyone else want to cry? I'm looking at them and loving them so much, I'm getting teary! I never knew about these. Maybe it is a good thing, because I had other things I needed to spend my money on. But, oh my! they are so beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom

So glad you joined in & are enjoying the pictures.

The great thing about these plates is not only are they beautiful, they are reasonable. The salad plates are only 2 or 3 dollars & most of the larger, accessory pieces are under 10 dollars. 

Please let us know if you see any available at your local WM.

Honored Contributor

@NorthernLights wrote:

@Mominohio

If they did bring back those cake stands I'd be in trouble. Knowing myself I'd buy at least 4 of them for stacking.

@NorthernLights

@Mominohio

The cake stand would be handy for treats, appetizers etc.

I like how they look with the candles too!

Honored Contributor

I don't think I ever saw this gravy boat set.

Has anyone?

download.jpg

Valued Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@NorthernLights wrote:

@Mominohio

@NorthernLights

@Mominohio

The cake stand would be handy for treats, appetizers etc.

I like how they look with the candles too!

Right? Then before the holiday dinner I would use them for special ornaments and decorations.

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper...well now you've started something!  I did not know BH  & G holiday plates existed!!  I have been stalking my local WMart store and nothing.....Do they usually display all the things in one section...like where the other plates and glasses are displayed?  I have noticed the Pioneer Woman items are in several places in the house ware section of the store, I don't know why they don't display her things all in one place.

The only thing I have found so far are Mainstays salad plates, which are ok, they have a pumpking and vine design....but I'd like to see the BH & G items before I purchase, thanks for enabling me.