Honored Contributor

Re: Better Homes & Gardens salad plates etc. at WM

@Mominohio wrote: 

I'm a brown (tan, cream, ivory, taupe) freak. I like the red charger, but I'm wondering how a dark brown one would look for after the holidays, just for the winter. The dark brown of the deer, the cream of the PW and a brown charger might be quite wintery and masculine too.

@Mominohio

I finally had a chance to grab a few more pictures. The brown charger I have isn't as big as the red one apparently.

Sorry for the glare.

IMG_20171028_163656.jpg

IMG_20171028_163717.jpg

IMG_20171028_163430.jpg

IMG_20171028_163457~2.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the new snowman plate for this year

Last year I ordered two boxes of the car online and they sent a box of the trees and box of the deer instead.  Each were clearly marked what they were on the outside too, but they really messed up my order.  Thankfully, I found the car and Santa's sleigh at my local Walmart, but don't know if they switched my order with someone else's or just didn't read the boxes.  I did end up keeping the deer, they were cute. 

As someone else had mentioned, I love that BH&G add to the collection each year, you can buy a few and mix and match and they all look great together.  I also bought the big platter last year, hope they do another this year.

Would love to see a Christmas village or cute house, gingerbread house, or nutcracker.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

This is what I had, and gave to my granddaughter:

Dinner plates (4) and veggie bowls (2)

BH&G dinner plates & veg bowls.jpg

3 different designs of salad plates (4 of

each) and cereal bowls (4)

H&G salad plates & cereal bowls.jpg

Large platter and deer s&p shakers

Christmas platter BH&G.jpg

@Snicks1  I have that  BH&G platter.  I've never used it for serving as I have pieces for that.  I put it on an easel for decor.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I am embarrassed to say I recently boxed up a set of Lenox Christmas plates to give away, but kept my BH&G plates.

Not sure why I ever bought the Lenox set -- it had a large Cardinal on it with a green rim.  The Cardinal NEVER looked right to me.  Anyway, they are gone, but the cheap Walmart plates are still in my china closet.

I love the autumn plates, but have not seen any yet.  I mix them in with my everyday autumn plates and they are lovely.

But, do I really need more plates? 

@Witchy Woman

Oh yes indeed, you really do need more plates. 

One never knows when one might have to serve dessert to 100 people and what would we do if we didn't have at least that many pretty little plates in reserve for each season and holiday?! LOL 

I shudder to think what a horror it would be to not have enough for such a possibility! LOL

@Mominohio  Works for me.  lol

Honored Contributor

@lucymo, I used my platter one time to pile with cookies. Other than that, it stayed in my china cabinet.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
@lucymo, I used my platter one time to pile with cookies. Other than that, it stayed in my china cabinet.

@Snicks1The platters are very large and beautiful but I have old china platters that I use most of the time.  They aren't as pretty but made from thicker china than the ceramic ones.  Do you regret giving them away? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:

@Snicks1The platters are very large and beautiful but I have old china platters that I use most of the time.  They aren't as pretty but made from thicker china than the ceramic ones.  Do you regret giving them away? 

@lucymo

No, I really don't. I only used it that one time because I had it. Like you I have many other plates/platters I can and do usually use. It really cleared out the bottom of my chine cabinet and that was a good thing. And it made my grdanddaughter very happy. If I see them in WM, I may buy her some of the new this year design. lol

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Mominohio I guess that's why I never found them. I only visit Walmart about once a month, and then it's usually to buy a specific item. I will have to rely on walmart.com

I could be wrong about this but I don't think the yearly small plates are ever available online. 

I've never found them there, anyway.

@PA Mom-mom

Honored Contributor

Well, I went to three Walmarts today, and none had the BHG holiday line out at all. They were emptying shelves of Halloween and reorganizing. 

I asked a clerk at one store and she said they should be getting them out in the next few days to a week and she thought they were already in the back room. 

I'll be checking at least every other day as I don't want to miss them!

Usually our Walmarts don't stock this line until after Halloween. I was just hoping someone was really on the ball and ahead of schedule, but alas, it was not to be! lol

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you search the WM website with the this item number 564560384 the snowman plate will come up.  However, it says in store only.  If you do a zip code search you can see what stores in your area have them.  I'm not sure how accurate it is for everyone, but it did show they were in stock at the store I purchased them from.  So worth a try....

Also, if they are available at a nearby store you can add them to your cart and pay.  Then pick them up at the store....

I love these plates and love that they are so inexpensive!!