Respected Contributor

Re: Better Homes & Gardens salad plates etc. at WM

@Mom2Dogs, they are sold as singles.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I had no idea about these plates until I read this thread a week or so ago...I have been stalking my store, so far I have not found them!

Are they sold as singles or are there 4 to a box?

@Mom2Dogs  Singles...

Here's a thread that would interest you:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Holiday/Better-Homes-amp-Gardens-salad-plates-etc-at-WM/m-p/4144297/hig...

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  Here are a few ways you will see the pieces on the shelves in WM...

1es.jpg

images (1).jpg

images.jpg

Honored Contributor

I hit one Walmart in our area today, and still the same row after row of empty shelves.

They are starting to put the tags on the front of the shelves, so I walked around and tried to figure out exactly where they would be stocking ours this year, but still no shelf tag for them. 

I really hate to be the obsessed lady who walks into the store every day to look for these, but in my experience, they get one or two boxes of these plates, and each display box only holds maybe 12 or 18 plates. 

They are usually sold out within just a couple of days, while some of the bigger pieces like platters and single dinner plates and bowls will last for several weeks. 

I really thought I could be done with this salad plate fiasco, but I'd really like to add the snowman to the collection!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I had no idea about these plates until I read this thread a week or so ago...I have been stalking my store, so far I have not found them!

Are they sold as singles or are there 4 to a box?

@Mom2Dogs

Sold by the piece, usually about $3 each. Most stores get very few, and the new pattern(s) are usually mixed with some from previous years, so there are precious few per store. 

People buy these up and sell them on ebay for three and four times the price they paid. It is because of this that it is imperative to get to the store the day they are stocked or the following day if you hope to get some (at least that is how it works in my area!). 

I find it frustrating that some stores have them out already while others show no signs of getting this line out. Seems ours always waits until after Halloween. Not sure why, as they have had 10 aisles and a garden center full of Christmas decor, trees, wrap, and ornaments for way over a month now!

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I really thought I could be done with this salad plate fiasco, but I'd really like to add the snowman to the collection!

lol, and I thought I was the only one with the 'salad plate fiasco' till I came here.

Honored Contributor

@NorthernLights wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

lol, and I thought I was the only one with the 'salad plate fiasco' till I came here.

@NorthernLights

Oh no, you are not alone my dear! There is an entire club of us here!

I bet if we pooled all our plates, we could feed a small nation!

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio

haha, that's comforting to hear. Every year when I head in the store to check out the items, I ask myself...will you spend 10 dollars or 100?

Honored Contributor

You ladies are a bad influence on me......I'll be a crazy person until I can see them in my local store!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the link to another retail site.