Respected Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights--still on the Q?????

@eaesquire   Last year I bought the 26 inch Bethlehem Lights Overflocked Wreath with Bow in clear and had it on my front door for eight weeks on auto each night all through December and January and the batteries were still good--lights were not dimming and did come on and off at the proper time.

The only thing I am going to change this year is to detach (which is easy) the outdoor proof bow that came with it for a more "lush" looking one.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

P.S.  Just my opinion about any prelit tree is not to try and store it in the box it came in.  After all, once you've assembled it the first time you have "relaxed" and fluffed the branches and it is really not going to fit in that original container again.  I think that that is how the wiring and lights can get damaged.  

If you can drape it with a dust cloth or a tree bag larger than your tree and store upright somewhere it might hold up better and longer.

Frequent Contributor

@aroc3435  Thank you so much!  I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your BL experience.  It was very kind of you. Also, I thought about buying the bag too so your advice is useful.  I moved to a new town for work earlier this year and have a bigger home.  This will be the first tree I've put up in decades.  I live alone with no family around and haven't really put much effort into decorating in the past.  Usually I just let Christmas and New Years pass me by without much fanfare.  I don't know why, but I feel compelled to do something this year - even if it's just for myself.  A pre-lit tree seems like a relatively fuss-free way to make a difference this year.

Respected Contributor

Like others here I feel the quality has gone downhill also.  The TSV branches from last year were horrendous!!  I also blame QVC for selling a defective product.   Bethlehem Lights used to proclaim they did commercial grade lighting for towns, malls etc. I think now they just import everything from China.