Honored Contributor

Any experience with Bethlehem Lights wreaths?

I see two options listed under TSV tab.  One with and one without flocking.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights Wreaths

I got one about ten years ago.  It was pre-strung with lights, which failed in a year or two.  I painstakingly removed them and replaced with a set of battery-operated lights.  Bottom line: I wouldn't buy another.

Valued Contributor

I had some of their garlands years ago which ran on battery packs. By the third season, the LED lights had dimmed so significantly that I threw them away at the end of that season. I would hope that in the last 7 years they’ve improved their technology, but I haven bought one of their battery operated items since then. I just don’t want to take the risk.

Occasional Contributor

My wreath's lights failed after one season.  

Esteemed Contributor

I bought several big & beautiful Bethlehem Lights garland strands several years ago.  After abou 3 Christmas's, 1/2 a strand went out on one of them.  I either need them all working or don't want to use any of them.  Very disappointing and I will never buy anything from them again.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I've had mixed results. the flocked version can only be used indoors and I haven't bought any of those because I don't want my cats to ingest any of the flocking that may fall off. I bought the non-flocked version last year and was disappointed with the appearance so I returned them.

but in the past I've had some of their items and been pretty happy with them. But for the most part, I don't need any more wreaths or trees so I've been reusing the ones I have by buying extra battery light sets and stringing them on the trees/wreaths I currently have. Keeps the costs down.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one about two years ago....green and no flocking!  I don't like flocking on anything...too messy and doesn't always look that good!!

But my wreath is dong great!!  I leave it up all year round and change the seasonal item that I hang in the middle of the wreath.  Right now I have an Americana bell hanging from it. Fall I put a  pumpkin plaque and holiday, a Santa face!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama  I have several BL swags and other greenery. My door swag has worked well for three years on my front door, which is exposed to the elements. The others inside were some of my first purchases on QVC many years ago and are still going strong. I trust Bethlehem Lights.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to each and every person who responded to my thread.  I'm going to have to give it some thought.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, I have BL pre-lit wreath for at least 3 years and it works just fine. It's the non-flocked version. I also have the pre-lit swag, bought it in 2017, still works great.
"To each their own, in all things".