Honored Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights CIJ TSV

@MaryLamb wrote:

Am I losing my memory, or have we seen this same type of set as a TSV for the last two years? I don’t mean to be a grinch, but nothing I’ve seen so far this year has really inspired or excited me into creating something fresh for my decor plans. Usually I see something or some things that give me an idea for a new display. Everything seems so played.

@MaryLamb It's deja vu all over again. Smiley Very Happy

For those who are seeing the TSV selections for the first time, or finally need a good generic wreath/garland/etc. this year -- Enjoy!  I love my flocked Bethlehem lights battery operated garland.  I add my own picks and ornaments and it's gorgeous.

But for heaven's sake, can't they come up with something new???  For my own selfish reasons, I was really hoping they might come up something entirely different this year.  Maybe there's still hope -- the TSV day is usually filled with "One Day Only" items, perhaps there's still hope.

Super Contributor

They keep mentioning how long the battery lasts but neglect to say they aren't included

Honored Contributor

I'll run against the majority and say it's kinda nice that they are offering these again this year as this stuff isn't cheap. For those who could only afford a few and needed more, they can now purchase them at a better price and know they will match what they purchased last year.

This was the TSV last year; I purchased the table swag and many garlands; not a cheap purchase. I wanted battery because I used these in my stairwells in my house and there is no outlet available. They're gorgeous. However, the garlands are VERY stiff so if you want to wrap them around something, it isn't easy. They're also a tad heavy.  Battery length wise; no issue. We decorate the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Set the timers on 5-6 hours (whatever it is) and full bright and they last until the Epiphany in January; we take our decorations down after that. 

Other than what I mentioned, no complaints. Well made, looks real. No bows with mine but I make my own so....

Regular Contributor

I purchased the flocked wreath, stake tree and garland last year and you can select colors, white, timer, glimmer etc.  I don't understand why this set does not give you that option.  Depending on mood I would change colors and functions frequently.  They are beautifully made and on the timer mine lasted from Thanksgiving until end of January. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well I see this as an amazing TSV. Only interested in wreath, but love the new larger size and added number of lights. If the batteries truly last from Thanksgiving till New Years, it’s a terrific value with free shipping.  Especially like the glimmer feature. My Bethlehem wreath from many years back still works perfectly, but I just may be ready for an upgrade. The batteries in my old wreath lasted just as long as the claim for this new version, but it’s a smaller wreath with far fewer lights.  Bethlehem rocks Christmas!

Trusted Contributor

@aunt bea wrote:

I purchased the flocked wreath, stake tree and garland last year and you can select colors, white, timer, glimmer etc.  I don't understand why this set does not give you that option.  Depending on mood I would change colors and functions frequently.  They are beautifully made and on the timer mine lasted from Thanksgiving until end of January. 

You can change the functions, but not the colors.  At least according to what was said last night in the TSV kickoff!

Respected Contributor

Im not feeling it. First the wreath is too big for my front door. I never buu more than a 22-24" wreath so it fails there. Secondly I feel there are TOO MANY lights. In an effort to up the # of lights every season it appears theyve fallen into the same trap that "bigger is better"..

Honored Contributor

I bought a flocked wreath when I saw it on the twinkle, I believe, functon, so many lights quickly twinkling off and on, and with the battery operation, I can put in anywhere I want, thinking now of putting it on a wall.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I bought a flocked wreath when I saw it on the twinkle, I believe, functon, so many lights quickly twinkling off and on, and with the battery operation, I can put in anywhere I want, thinking now of putting it on a wall.

I was shocked to hear David Venable say he ordered 4 wreaths. 

Esteemed Contributor

at first I ordered the flocked multi wreath

but I have a flocked tree from years ago and the flock is not "white white" anymore

so I cancelled the flocked multi and

bought the green multi

I also wish I could have one wreath switch between white and multi