Respected Contributor
You may have already seen the Bethlehem Lights TSV pieces that are available for pre sale. I like the 30” flocked tree H219095, but will pass because it is battery operated. There is also a wreath, plain green 30” tree, and a garland. I did not check all of them but imagine they are all battery operated.
Respected Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights CIJ TSV

@Kindaglitzy   I agree that too many items are battery operated.  You would have to buy stock in Eveready to handle everything.  I prefer a plug in for my lights, in most cases.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
You may have already seen the Bethlehem Lights TSV pieces that are available for pre sale. I like the 30” flocked tree H219095, but will pass because it is battery operated. There is also a wreath, plain green 30” tree, and a garland. I did not check all of them but imagine they are all battery operated

@Kindaglitzy I have several of Bethlehem lights wreaths from years ago that have to be plugged in. I thought about switching to the battery operated ones but changed my mind. The biggest issue was some of the items had those large clunky battery boxes.

Valued Contributor

Am I losing my memory, or have we seen this same type of set as a TSV for the last two years? I don’t mean to be a grinch, but nothing I’ve seen so far this year has really inspired or excited me into creating something fresh for my decor plans. Usually I see something or some things that give me an idea for a new display. Everything seems so played.

Contributor

I was excited with Valerie’s black/white buffalo check because I’ve been working that look for years, but your right it seems to be a lot of the same.   I have hope for Valerie’s TSV on the 30th.

Valued Contributor

I too feel like I've seen this Bethlehem Lights set before.  I have a flocked wreath from a couple of years ago.  I guess this year's version is bigger, and they added a red bow (and maybe they added more lights).  

Don't get me wrong, I think these items are beautiful, but I'm surprised you still have to choose white OR multi-color lights.  The latest technology (like the recent Santa's Best tree) allows you to switch between clear and multi.  This is the technology I want.  I'd love to have the Bethlehem Lights quality with the new technology.

Please Santa!!

Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb yes it is the same thing they did last year. I agree - something different please.

And while there is a place for battery operated items, I like the plug in options too. Lots of $$ for batteries - especially things that take 6 of them to power (I don't know if that is how many for these particular items but every time I hear them say that for items, it makes me re-think whether or not I am going to order.)

Valued Contributor

@Drews gram-- I searched and seached for black & white buffalo check last year.  I was able to find a couple of pillows and a table cloth, and I love that look for Christmas with pops of red, green and silver.  

I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday and they have a TON of black & white buffalo check offered with the Fall collection.  I'm walking out the door right now to buy the table runners, placemats and rugs.  I'm hoping Valerie offers her tree collar in black & white.

Respected Contributor

The 30” tree takes three “D” batteries. Kind of expensive but should last longer then “AA” or “C”. Mine never last as long as they say they should but realize that depends on type/quality of battery used!
Valued Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
The 30” tree takes three “D” batteries. Kind of expensive but should last longer then “AA” or “C”. Mine never last as long as they say they should but realize that depends on type/quality of battery used!

@Kindaglitzy  Following up on my earlier mention of the garlands I had from BH that took 3 D batteries, those 3 batteries did not last all season. I put my decor up right after Thanksgiving, and each year, I had to replace those batteries just before Christmas when running a 5 hour timer in order to have full brightness for Christmas.