Valued Contributor

Berkshire Throws - shedding terribly

Anyone else experience terrible shedding from new Berkshire throws/blankets this holiday season?  Have never had this problem before, washed prior to using, and it will just not stop shedding all over the place - going back.  I have many from previous years and never had this problem.

Honored Contributor

Re: Berkshire Throws - shedding terribly

@just wonder    Probably cheapened quality, just like everything else.  The Q clothing has gotten so bad, the newer fabrics are unrecognizable from my older, higher quality pieces. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I agree, not much quality anymore, and problems with  shipping and slow returns. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bought - for first time - 2 "B" throws.    DV and vendor harped about how fuzzy and warm they were.

HA HA HA.............I fell for it  - they were fluffy alright - but warm?    So thin your finger could go through the material.

One to goodwill - 2nd 'just disappeared'....Junk

Respected Contributor

The Berkshire VelvetSoft throws I have are 2+ yrs old & they're cozy & warm. The only one that was a shedding mess was the Fluffie & that went into the 🗑. Sorry you were disappointed @just wonder, Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

I don't have one, but thank you for the feedback.  Sharon Hanby-Robie will be sorry to hear it.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I don't have one, but thank you for the feedback.  Sharon Hanby-Robie will be sorry to hear it.  Smiley Sad

@ValuSkr    You can bet Sharon Hanby-Robie knows and she should be extremely embarrassed.

I hope those of you receiving garbage are writing reviews. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment

I purchased 

H227118 Home Reflections Fair Isle 60"x80" Throw w/ Sherpa Rev. It is so soft and warm with no shedding. Purchased a second one in the  soft grey color (and the print is subtle) for the guest bedroom.
Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

Anyone else experience terrible shedding from new Berkshire throws/blankets this holiday season?  Have never had this problem before, washed prior to using, and it will just not stop shedding all over the place - going back.  I have many from previous years and never had this problem.

@just wonder Is that the one with the trees?  I'd have been better off getting an angora cat!  

My husband loves it and I don't know how I'm going to get it away from him.  But it is thin and cheap and ratty. 

Valued Contributor

Live and learn. Share your experience on the "Reviews", donate yours to the homeless, and don't buy it again.