Trusted Contributor

Re: Beautiful Holiday Catalogs and Sites

@Scooty wrote:

Grandin Road is my No. 1.  Country Door also has beautiful things.

@Scooty  I like Country Door, too, but they do not accept PayPal, so I never order from them. A shame because I remember liking a lot of their items. Maybe that's changed, I don't know. I just started purchasing from Chewy dot com because they recently added PayPal as a source for payment. 👍

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@ECBG  Agree! Right now I'm looking at a colorful pumpkin shaped little hooked rug/doormat in Grandinroad's latest catalog. The only thing holding me back is that my cat would love it, too. 😞 She has many scratching posts, but this would be irresistible for her, I think.

@Mimi 1883 

It's weird because some of my hooked rugs my kitty totally ignores, but another I bought (a harvest one) she must've thought it was hers because she made mincemeat out of.....go figure.....😸

@Spurt  You just can't figure out cats. 🤔 When we first adopted her (4 years already,) I bought her a deluxe cat tower with multi levels, tunnel, scratching post, the works; she hasn't touched it. In the spring, I bought her a really nice, beautiful dark purple, calming bed, round with high sides as she likes, and Very soft and fluffy; she hates it and won't go near it. I just Know that if I got this cute little hooked rug, she would claim it as her newest scratching and clawing "gift." 🙄 That would be a definite No! She is ornery, and that's being kind. I shouldn't say this out loud as it may change things, but at least she isn't a picky eater. But, she loves our dog, so she can't be all bad. 😘 Love her to bits, but she is very trying.

@Mimi 1883 

So true, so true we can't figure cats out and they all have their unique personalities .....yours is ornery, and one of mine---the scratcher---is the trouble maker, and is a DIVA!!!...The other is very sweet and a bit shy.....Yep, you can spend money on fancy scratching posts and cat beds and they don't use them....and expensive toys....and what do they play with...toilet paper rolls or milk jug rings.....😸😸😸

Glad that your kitty and dog get along....I had a Beagle that thought she was a cat...she loved the cats....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@ECBG  Agree! Right now I'm looking at a colorful pumpkin shaped little hooked rug/doormat in Grandinroad's latest catalog. The only thing holding me back is that my cat would love it, too. 😞 She has many scratching posts, but this would be irresistible for her, I think.

@Mimi 1883 

It's weird because some of my hooked rugs my kitty totally ignores, but another I bought (a harvest one) she must've thought it was hers because she made mincemeat out of.....go figure.....😸

@Spurt  You just can't figure out cats. 🤔 When we first adopted her (4 years already,) I bought her a deluxe cat tower with multi levels, tunnel, scratching post, the works; she hasn't touched it. In the spring, I bought her a really nice, beautiful dark purple, calming bed, round with high sides as she likes, and Very soft and fluffy; she hates it and won't go near it. I just Know that if I got this cute little hooked rug, she would claim it as her newest scratching and clawing "gift." 🙄 That would be a definite No! She is ornery, and that's being kind. I shouldn't say this out loud as it may change things, but at least she isn't a picky eater. But, she loves our dog, so she can't be all bad. 😘 Love her to bits, but she is very trying.

@Mimi 1883 

So true, so true we can't figure cats out and they all have their unique personalities .....yours is ornery, and one of mine---the scratcher---is the trouble maker, and is a DIVA!!!...The other is very sweet and a bit shy.....Yep, you can spend money on fancy scratching posts and cat beds and they don't use them....and expensive toys....and what do they play with...toilet paper rolls or milk jug rings.....😸😸😸

Glad that your kitty and dog get along....I had a Beagle that thought she was a cat...she loved the cats....

@Spurt  That's so true and funny about the milk jug rings - those she will play with. I did replace the non-working "flopping fish" for her and, of course, she can't be bothered with it. 🙄 The dog finds it amusing. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Mimi 1883 

@Mimi 1883 

@Spurt  That's so true and funny about the milk jug rings - those she will play with. I did replace the non-working "flopping fish" for her and, of course, she can't be bothered with it. 🙄 The dog finds it amusing. 

@Mimi 1883 

I was thinking about that "flopping fish" I saw it advertised, but I have my doubts they'd even give it a notice....😸🐟

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Pottery Barn site is one of my favorites. Is Piper Classics still in business?

Respected Contributor

I like  Howchow. Their stuff is expensive but they have great after Christmas sales.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

It's so much fun to look through the holiday catalogs at all of the wonderful, colorful holiday decorations!

I've gotten Yankee Sturbridge Workshop  who does a fantastic Halloween.

Traditions sent me an email of their highly creative items.

Does anyone else have sites or catalogs you like?

Zulily is my main catalog, though I receive many in the mail.

Honored Contributor

Last year I ordered (and love) this all cotton pumpkin tapestry throw, a Susan Winget design, from the Expressions catalog. It's so striking and adds such seasonal coziness once it's tossed over the sofa. 

Pumpkin Patch Throw Blanket - Unique & Affordable Gifts for Life's Special  Moments

This year I am ordering this cute harvest wreath from Uno Alla Volta. I couldn't resist, even though another wreath is the last thing I need.

Autumnal Owl Wreath With Maple Leaves & Pumpkins | Uno Alla Volta

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I have thought about ordering that owl wreath @GingerPeach .  I love it.  I just bought a fall wreath last year though, so I don't need it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I have thought about ordering that owl wreath @GingerPeach .  I love it.  I just bought a fall wreath last year though, so I don't need it.

You are made of sterner stuff than I, @NickNack Woman Frustrated

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.