Honored Contributor

Beautiful Easter Tables William Sonoma

[ Edited ]

I thought these tables were beautiful.  The main holiday I do is Christmas as far as special china and the like.

With all of the stacked dishes, realistically, you would need wait staff to remove them.

I don't think anyone does courses any longer.

Curated image with Monique Lhuillier Juliana Dinner Plate, Set of 4, Monique Lhuillier Eyelet Tab...

Alt image 1 for Garden Lattice Table Runner

Respected Contributor

Re: Beautiful Easter Tables William Sonoma

Everything is beautiful.

I especially love the flowered runner in the second picture and the plates are gorgeous.

I would be happy just sitting, soaking in the ambiance!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is one thing I like about staying at a Bed and Breakfast. The tables are set so beautifully, old and new dishes are used and the food is served in courses. That is aside from the civilized conversation at the table every morning. Much better than a motel breakfast buffet.

Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

That is one thing I like about staying at a Bed and Breakfast. The tables are set so beautifully, old and new dishes are used and the food is served in courses. That is aside from the civilized conversation at the table every morning.Much beter than a motel breakfast buffet.

Upvoting for civilized morning conversations without talking heads and devices.

I don't think the place settings are over the top. Smaller plates are typically for salads but put them to the left for bread or even dessert.

Honored Contributor

Really like the serenity of the ivory & green table. Not having a lot of company for Easter so I'm using dinnerware that was in my family for as long as I can remember. I just discovered the manufacturer was Hazel Atlas and the set has four different colored place settings (grey, goldenrod, rust and teal).

Honored Contributor

The Easter tables are beautiful, but not practical.  My Easter table is always filled with food and there is no room for all that decor.. I always have food on a sideboard too.

Now, if I had a wait stuff who would bring out the food on the plates in courses, that would work.

I love the pretty dishes in the second pic.  I collect serving bowls and platters that are unique and already have way too many.

I am thinking about a new spring table runner.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady   I think I was cheated.  Every B&B I have ever stayed at had a breakfast buffet.  I have never been served.

A B&B in Cape May, NJ has a nice resturant on the guest floor opened to the public.  Their guests can order from their menu and given a voucher to pay up to $30.

What happens if you want to sleep in a bit late?  Do they keep serving up to a certain time?

Respected Contributor

My favorite B and B, the Iris Inn in Ashland, Oregon, serves between 9 and 9:30 with coffee available at 8:30. They also cater to food allergies and will make dinner reservations in town for you. Some days, I would get my morning walk before breakfast.

Valued Contributor

I think tables 1 and 3 are beautiful, but #2 is a little busy for my liking!  I have gone to Easter Brunch at the Colonial Inn in Concord MA for a number of years, and while the individual tables are nowhere near as beautifully appointed, the atmosphere of the 

1700s restaurant right in the center of town makes for a wonderful experience.

Wherever you go, whatever you eat, and however you celebrate your Easter Sunday.....

I hope it is one that goes in the  books as a treasured memory!

Honored Contributor

Oh my, stunning every one!