Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop, I start to feel nauseous when I go to replace a bunch of my candle batteries at once.  The price adds up so fast.  I've been letting lots of them stay idle until the colder shorter days and then I try to light most of them up again. 

One year before Christmas I ran across a good deal on Rayovac in a Home Depot store.  It was an extra large pack.  I haven't been seeing the good battery deals of the past on websites like Amazon lately.

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

Well, my Christmas decor is up.  I did an inventory of what I need for batteries & it ain’t looking good $$$.  I need 24 AAs, 37 AAAs, 24 Cs & 20 Ds.  Looks like I will be doing some online/B&M comparison shopping.  I also read that the generic batteries are just as good as Duracell & Energizer batteries.  Going forward, it will have to be something beyond spectacular before I buy anymore battery operated decor!  

@BornToShop  Speaking of Duracell, I left the batteries in four items from last Christmas and can you believe that they just recently died, I can't, lol, so I am a fan.  I buy them at Costco, and always keep a supply.  I do like battery operated items rather than electric as I can place them any place whereas with electric, everything has to be near a wall, and most of my lit decor is not.  Given our electric bill each month, batteries, for me, are the way to go.

Respected Contributor

Check out Groupon, they have fabulous battery deals.

If you’re interested get your Ebates or Mr Rebates discount.

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

One year before Christmas I ran across a good deal on Rayovac in a Home Depot store.  It was an extra large pack.  I haven't been seeing the good battery deals of the past on websites like Amazon lately.

Agreed about Home Depot battery prices. Last year, I found a pack of 36 Energizer Max for  around $15. I found them to work just as good, if not better, than Duracell. They also did not leak, which is a problem I've been having with Duracell batteries. Going back for more this year.  

They are the same price (actually $15.98) this year, and also sell a 30 pack of AAA Energizer Max for the same price. 

Respected Contributor

I have a lot of flameless candles that take various sizes of bateries and I stock up on Kirkland brand at Costco.  They have sales on them from time to time also.  The last time I stocked up I got a bunch of AAs, Cs and Ds.  The lady behind me at the checkout looked and said "that's a LOT of batteries"!  LOL, I wish I could have read her mind to find out what she thought I might be needing them for ! ! !Woman Very HappyWoman LOLWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

Oh my Lord isn't that the truth.   I love Valerie Parr Hill's window candles.  We have 16 windows in our home and I ordered four sets.  Each requires 4 AA batteries.  Do the math.  I still have the ones I used last year but found coupons for Duracel and Energizer so I purchased two packs of 24 from each brand.  I need to invest in rechargeable batteries. 

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop

I haven't took inventory for my Christmas things BUT last week I went to Sams - bought 1 pack each/ AA, AAA & C = $64.00.  Last year, I put "C"s in my VPH pedestals - they are just starting to dim.

I used Kirklands from Costco IMO they didn't last as long as the Duracell.  Although, my friend is always getting coupons for them.

Love my Flameless and battery things -I'm spoiled!!!

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop, I start to feel nauseous when I go to replace a bunch of my candle batteries at once.  The price adds up so fast.  I've been letting lots of them stay idle until the colder shorter days and then I try to light most of them up again. 

@SHOPR, was it you that tried rechargeable batteries a few years ago & didn’t like the inconvenience of having to recharge so often because they didn’t hold a charge that well?  

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I switched to rechargeable a few years ago and though initially a more expensive choice, I never have to buy batteries now!

@on the bay, I would have invested years ago in rechargeable batteries but there was a lot of discussion on these boards regarding the hassle of having to replace & recharge way too frequently.  Can you recommend the brand you use & what is the average time between recharging?  TIA!  

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

Well, my Christmas decor is up.  I did an inventory of what I need for batteries & it ain’t looking good $$$.  I need 24 AAs, 37 AAAs, 24 Cs & 20 Ds.  Looks like I will be doing some online/B&M comparison shopping.  I also read that the generic batteries are just as good as Duracell & Energizer batteries.  Going forward, it will have to be something beyond spectacular before I buy anymore battery operated decor!  

@BornToShop  Speaking of Duracell, I left the batteries in four items from last Christmas and can you believe that they just recently died, I can't, lol, so I am a fan.  I buy them at Costco, and always keep a supply.  I do like battery operated items rather than electric as I can place them any place whereas with electric, everything has to be near a wall, and most of my lit decor is not.  Given our electric bill each month, batteries, for me, are the way to go.

@mousiegirl!  My hero!  Never thought of the electrical savings aspect!