Occasional Contributor

Are they worth the money?  

Trusted Contributor

I bought one a few years ago and it lasted about 2 years.  The lights started going out one at a time.  It was very heavy.  Too heavy for me to move on my own.  It was gorgeous, though.

Honored Contributor

The commercial says they are used on all those Hallmark Christmas movies, and they look realistic to me.

Honored Contributor

We bought one two years ago and it's very nice...of course I haven't set it up for this year yet and and I expect all of the lights to work! 

It sure beats our old artificial tree where you had to take each branch out for storage and they were color coded.  It took a good part of an afternoon assembling the tree then getting all the lights on.

We didn't get the top of the line (they have a lot of models) but something in the middle and by the time it's all decorated it looks gorgeous!

Respected Contributor

@dewinthemountains  I have had one for a number of years.  They really are beautiful.  However, I always had to ask someone to set it up for me and take it down.  They really are heavy.  It was only 5 ft.  So I gave it away.  Now I am looking for a little one about 2.5 - 3 ft.  Just returned the one from Bethlehem Lights.  And the search goes on.  Don't know when they will be in the malls.

If you have someone to do this for you or if you are young and can do it for yourself, you might want to consider one.

Respected Contributor

I have also had one for 3 years.  I think they are best trees you can buy.  They are a little more expensive but my blue spruce looks just like the real thing.  My only problem was, last year some of the lights were out.  I called Balsam Hill on their Customer Service line and the guy helped get to the problem.  They will help you if you call them and will even send you a kit to help if you can't get the lights to work.  BUT, I bought the July TSV Santas Best tree for this year just in case.  I still think there is nothing better than Balsam Hill.

Occasional Contributor

I got the July TSV Christmas tree. But have to send it back because the middle section of lights did not work. So I have been looking for a tree since then. I just might had to take the plunge and get a Balsam Hill tree. 

Trusted Contributor

Have a friend who bought one last year.  Refers to it as an "investment."  They like it very much.

Honored Contributor

I bought the box of sample branches last year and was really impressed by how realistic they were.  I'm going to use them to make up decorations this year.

I still haven't decided which tree I want, but I'm thinking I'll go with an unlit tree and then I can add whichever lights I want.  I only want a 5' tree; don't have the time or space to want anything bigger now.

Keep in mind that the trees are guaranteed for 10 years, but the lights are only guaranteed for 3 years.

Respected Contributor

🎄I bought one last year. I LOVE my tree.🎄

I did buy an unlit one as I would rather do my own lights - not so many lights and can use white or colored depending on my mood that year. 

But anyhow - I think their trees are worth it. Nice needles and nice fullness. I would buy one again from there for sure! I did get mine when they were having their Christmas in July sale. Not sure if they have another sale like around Thanksgiving, might want to check on that, but they do put some trees on sale after Christmas too.

-Texas Hill Country-