Regular Contributor

Hobby Lobby has candesticks that can be sprayed . They are a neutal shade but can be sprayed any color you wish . Save money and you have custom made candlesticks . Come in different sizes .

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   I like the candlesticks and the owl!  I just bought candlesticks or I would go look at them.

I keep looking at the picture you posted, and it looks to me like she has used all three sizes.  The one on the right looks shorter than the one on the left to me.  Maybe it's just the way she photographed it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Great tip, @shelbyshelbyshelby !

@NickNack--  hey, you could be right!  I think there's a good 3 inches or more between the sizes, so that's why I thought it was medium and two shorts.  But, as you say, it's a bit hard to tell from the angle she's shooting at.

Honored Contributor

Postscript:   I was going to limit myself to just 2 of the candlesticks, but when I saw what a statement they made at home, had to go back and get the 3rd!   Now I'll have to find even more "donatables" to lug to St. Vincent's to make up for them!

Most of the wood accessories I have, like my dough bowls and vintage carved bookends, have underlying ruddy tones, or sort of russet.  What I love about these Broyhill candlesticks is, they have that driftwood-y, "grayish" (but not gray) undertone that is so pretty and brings in a whole other look....

Regular Contributor

@Oznell, I was at Big Lots yesterday looking for owl and candlesticks and came upon a great item. They have Buffalo plaid table runners, 13x72, in several colors. Also matching placemats. The quality of table runner is as nice or better than the one I bought from Pottery Barn last year. The plaids are centered properly and lining is well stitched. I would buy another color except I need 13x90.  I will order placemats as they did not have the black I needed in stock. Also, did not find owl or candlesticks but will continue make periodic stops at Big Lots. Thanks for your pics.

Honored Contributor

@Hilery,  how great!   Those sound so nice-- buffalo check is so festive, and it's encouraging that the quality met standards.  Thanks for giving us the heads-up.

I'm sorry they didn't have the candlesticks or owl.  I find the same thing at our BL--  there are things I see on line, that apparently don't darken the door of our store-- or sell out before I get there!  I have better luck at the slightly bigger one, another town over.  They seem to be better stocked.

Of course, if you like something enough, you can always chance ordering online.  But with certain items, that is a risk since some do have flaws, and it's a pain to order, and then have to lug a return to store.... but at least it's an option if all else fails.

Now I will have to check their table linens the next time I'm there!

Regular Contributor

I forgot to say, the table runners are $10. That is a great price for the quality I noted. Don't know if they would fall apart after laundering. Worth looking next time you are there.

Honored Contributor

Good to hear, will do, thanks for the tip, @Hilery !