Honored Contributor

BLOGGER'S FALL DECORATING IDEAS

[ Edited ]

Here are some more loosely "French" inspired decor ideas-- specifically "French flea market"--   from a blogger at "Painted South".   This is not for minimalists, for sure.  It's much more layered than I prefer in my house;  yet I respect her vision since she carried it out so admirably for her.   

She mixes blue-and-white, old frames, swan planters, old silver, etc. etc. in a fall look that I find quite refreshing.  I like her idea of a wreath layered over an old, tarnished silver tray, and building off of that.  Will have to try that with my tarnished tray!

I'm not sure why she did two densely decorated surfaces;  to me, the top was so intricately thought out, she didn't need the other one, but to each his own...  ETA---  On looking at a few minutes of it again, I can see why.  She's got a wonderful eye for mixing lovely vintage and new elements, and like a dedicated artist, just didn't want to stop!

It's pretty long, at 15 minutes, so if you skip to about the 12 minute mark you'll get to see much of her finished console table, plus the pretty sideboard she also did.  Have to say though, that her voice and manner are so soothing and pleasant, the full 15 minute tape is a nice exercise in relaxation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff2ANNWnk9w

Honored Contributor

Re: BLOGGER'S FALL DECORATING IDEAS

Thank you, Oznell, for posting this video.  Individually there are so many beautiful items, I love all the different pumpkins and of course the florals which I decorate my home and feel they are the finishing touch.  The tables are beautiful, the decor mixed, which I like and placed with style and much appeal.  This is close to my taste and the way I like to decorate.

Walking into this entry way would draw me in, it is warm and welcoming!  Also it doesn't have to be extravagant items, you can mix different decor and it will work.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks for this video, @Oznell .  I savored every minute of it, though her fall decorating style is mine to the 10th power!

Respected Contributor

I agree @Oznell , she really does have a wonderful eye for putting things together and making them work so well. I really like the layered frames over the Paris flea market sign. 

Thank you for posting , really enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

My eye was immediately drawn to the small tree in her foyer.  I was surprised to find she based it on a Christmas tree.  I thought it was just twigs!  I found her video on it.  It sounds quite doable as she mentions Dollar Store and other inexpensive sources.

If I were making one, I probably wouldn't have the energy or maybe not even the inclination to take it apart at the end of fall.  

So pretty.  Thank you for sharing this blogger, @Oznell 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CypXaHHmWk

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Oznell  Thank you so much for sharing that wonderful video.  After I watched it, I watched her decorate a 7 ft. tree for Autumn --- that was even more impressive.  She certainly has wonderful taste.  While I can greatly admire her flair for decorating, I know I could never create something like she has done.  I also like her soothing voice and how she shows where each piece was purchased.

Needless to say, I subscribed to her channel and now will get notifications when she posts her next one.  I am looking forward to see what she does for Christmas!

Again, thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell :  I loved the video.  Thanks.