Honored Contributor

Re: BL white flocked tree...

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Zsazsa wrote:

I have 2 of these BL Hudson white flocked trees in urns. I do love them, and I never had a problem with the trees, but rather with the urns. I had ordered an earlier version ...the Bedford white flocked trees in urns and those urns were even worse! The urn was so badly broken on one tat the tree wouldn't even stand in it. I had some repair work done to the urns on the Hudson version of these. I loved the concept... they were exactly what I wanted on either side of my fireplace... and the trees are perfect with no problem with the flocking, but the quality of the urns was awful both times I ordered. 

I hope you get beautiful trees in beautiful urns, Susan Louise!

@Zsazsa  Sorry to hear your urns left much to be desired. I did watch the video and I can see the seams weren't sanded down too well, if at all...so the quality I can see is lacking in that regard. I thought it was still fixable though

Are the trees easily removable from the urns? I might consider doing a switcheroo if I find a better one at Hobby Lobby or online if I have to.

@Susan Louise   Unless the lighting wires are stuck to the urn, if there are lights, it might be an issue, otherwise, maybe you could just break the urn off of the tree.

Super Contributor

I did make some repairs to my urns. I think it would take someone craftier than me to replace the urns. The fiberglass is built up around the tree trunk to hold it in place. If you put the tree in another urn, you would definitely need to anchor it in place somehow.
The urns are also a flat, matte white ...sort of a chalky finish. I have thought about painting them a satin white to give them a more finished look. Please note I said thought about ...haven't actually done anything about that yet! 😉
The trees themselves are absolutely lovely and I am so glad I kept them...l couldn't find anything else like them. I bet they are very pretty inthe colored light but I have the clear as that choice matches my decor better.
Trusted Contributor

I love these BL white flocked trees.  I think they had the larger trees last year, but they didn't offer the wreaths and garlands last year.  I would love a large tree, garland and wreath.  Fingers crossed.

Frequent Contributor

@Susan Louise I purchased this tree last year and I just love it!  However let me tell you my story and you will probably laugh (along with other form members). I didn't want the urn on my tree because I wanted to use my tree on a nightstand in my bedroom.  So when that large/heavy box arrived I hustled it into the house, unpacked and prayed that my tree was loose in the urn or better yet the urn was cracked.  No such luck, mine was perfect, standing straight and no damage to the urn.  So I got out the hammer and with allot of determination I broke up the urn.  Of course then I had a huge mess to clean up and get out to the trash before DH found out what I had done.  LOL  Next came getting the tree into the white stand I had purchased on line. Once I resolved another issue, I got my beautiful little  tree set up and it was pure happiness.  Not everybody wants trees in a urn, especially when you live in small home.  Flocking was perfect, no mess.  I did store it in a cool place when I took it down.  Enjoy your tree it was a wonderful investment for me and tree #3 that I put up last year.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TenderMercies, I want to let you know that they did offer a garland (item H205881) as I purchased, but had to return because I changed my mind on using a garland. I purchased this item and the tree in one of Jill's shows.  Keep the item number and perhaps it will come back this year.

Honored Contributor

The BL flocked tree I ordered arrived just now. I'm going to need another cup of coffee to gear me up to open and check everything out. I'll bring over the vacuum cleaner so I can have it on standby...LOL

Part of me wants to wait to do this til just before I decorate for the holiday. Then the common sense side of me kicks in and reminds me that I better check to make sure everything is in working order and not broken so if I still want it, I have a chance to reorder before they sell out...sigh.

*heads to Keurig in the kitchen*

I'll post with a review shortly Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

The BL flocked tree I ordered arrived just now. I'm going to need another cup of coffee to gear me up to open and check everything out. I'll bring over the vacuum cleaner so I can have it on standby...LOL

Part of me wants to wait to do this til just before I decorate for the holiday. Then the common sense side of me kicks in and reminds me that I better check to make sure everything is in working order and not broken so if I still want it, I have a chance to reorder before they sell out...sigh.

UPDATE

My initial thought when I took this tree out of the box was not good. I even thought of not bothering to even take it out of the box and just ship it back...no joke. The love for this tree grew as time went on.

To start, let me just say off the bat, this is NOT a tree for those that can't be bothered with extra vacuuming/cleaning. Believe me when I say this will be a requirement after fluffing of the tree is complete.

This is also a tree that once you have it fluffed the way you like it, you put it away 'as is' every year at season's end and cover with a large garbage bag...then blow off the dust from the previous season before putting it out the following year. I personally would not want to flatten all the branches again to lay it down somewhere when not in use in our basement and have to refluff it again...no way, no how, thank you very much!

PROS:

1) Once fluffed to one's satisfaction, the tree looks magical with the lights on...it truly does! I do plan on adding 2 more strings of lights which I will buy sometime over the coming months. I will look for a small 50 bulb white light set with a very gentle twinkle mode, and add a small 50 bulb colored light set...both with the white wiring so it doesn't show in the tree. I also don't see myself putting anything on the tree...topper or ornaments. I may change my mind, but it looks so beautiful the way it is with just a lovely snow covering.

2) Be aware the urn is heavy, but it serves an important purpose of helping to prevent the tree from tipping over...especially if you want to use this tree outside and it gets windy. I only plan to display it in our livingroom, but still a good safety feature. 

CONS:

1) The cord is ridiculously short...SMH, so you will most likely need an extension cord.

2) The messiness of fluffing the tree

3)  Not a tree I would recommend refluffing every year

......................................................................................................

As for rating...I will give it a 4 star review. I'm only taking a star off for the silly short cord (22" on this tree) which comes out at the top of the urn...not the bottom. When I put the tree out it will go on a small table in the livingroom which is 28" high. So, I have to buy a short extension cord. It just seems silly since where I'm plugging it in is directly on the floor below the table...newrant.gif

The initial messiness from fluffing was expected and storing the tree with a bag over it is fine...I'll rearrange our decor in the basement to make room.

In the end, this tree is SO worth a few issues!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise. Great review.  Everything we need to know.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

UPDATE

My initial thought when I took this tree out of the box was not good. I even thought of not bothering to even take it out of the box and just ship it back...no joke. The love for this tree grew as time went on.

To start, let me just say off the bat, this is NOT a tree for those that can't be bothered with extra vacuuming/cleaning. Believe me when I say this will be a requirement after fluffing of the tree is complete.

This is also a tree that once you have it fluffed the way you like it, you put it away 'as is' every year at season's end and cover with a large garbage bag...then blow off the dust from the previous season before putting it out the following year. I personally would not want to flatten all the branches again to lay it down somewhere when not in use in our basement and have to refluff it again...no way, no how, thank you very much!

PROS:

1) Once fluffed to one's satisfaction, the tree looks magical with the lights on...it truly does! I do plan on adding 2 more strings of lights which I will buy sometime over the coming months. I will look for a small 50 bulb white light set with a very gentle twinkle mode, and add a small 50 bulb colored light set...both with the white wiring so it doesn't show in the tree. I also don't see myself putting anything on the tree...topper or ornaments. I may change my mind, but it looks so beautiful the way it is with just a lovely snow covering.

2) Be aware the urn is heavy, but it serves an important purpose of helping to prevent the tree from tipping over...especially if you want to use this tree outside and it gets windy. I only plan to display it in our livingroom, but still a good safety feature. 

CONS:

1) The cord is ridiculously short...SMH, so you will most likely need an extension cord.

......................................................................................................

As for rating...I will give it a 4 star review. I'm only taking a star off for the silly short cord (22" on this tree) which comes out at the top of the urn...not the bottom. When I put the tree out it will go on a small table in the livingroom which is 28" high. So, I have to buy a short extension cord. It just seems silly since where I'm plugging it in is directly on the floor below the table...newrant.gif

The initial messiness from fluffing was expected and storing the tree with a bag over it is fine...I'll rearrange our decor in the basement to make room.

@Susan Louise  How is the urn?  There was some talk about it not being very attrative or sturdy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

UPDATE

PROS:

CONS:

@Susan Louise  How is the urn?  There was some talk about it not being very attrative or sturdy.

@mousiegirl I mentioned info about the urn in my last post under 'pros' about the sturdiness. As for the 'talk' about it not being attractive, I had previously mentioned (post # 9 in this thread) that I noticed the seam on the urn in the video not being 'finished'. It looked like it had raw edging which wasn't sanded down from when it came out of the mold when it was made. The one I have thankfully is fine Smiley Happy