Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

20151108_123338.jpg

@flickerbulb  I bought these,  the fawn,  and the stag and doe plates, very pretty.

@mousiegirl  I bought them too.  I now have enough to use in a wall plate hanger.  I'm not that fond of the Santa one but needed a different scene.  I think I like the tree and fawn one best.   I have so many seasonal plates I sure don't need to keep buying these.  I also got the set of two appetizer  dishes.

@lucymo  I only bought the Santa because of the deer, lol, and also bought the sectional dishes due to the critters, and the tree with rabbit plates.  I love the fawn best also, lucy.  Hanging them is an idea I hadn't thought about as I have tons of plates hanging.  Eons ago, I went nuts over the Bradford Exchange animal and bird plates.  Fortunately, they are spread around so as not to appear to be cluttered, but I havn't bought any in over fifteen, maybe longer, years.

I am impressed with Walmart's products and their customer service.  I may have mentioned that when DD was little, I would Christmas shop there, in addition to other places, and bought wonderful decor, etc. there, but havn't been to the store for a looong time.  These days, I do most shopping online.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

20151108_123338.jpg

@flickerbulb  I bought these,  the fawn,  and the stag and doe plates, very pretty.

@mousiegirl  I bought them too.  I now have enough to use in a wall plate hanger.  I'm not that fond of the Santa one but needed a different scene.  I think I like the tree and fawn one best.   I have so many seasonal plates I sure don't need to keep buying these.  I also got the set of two appetizer  dishes.

@lucymo  I only bought the Santa because of the deer, lol, and also bought the sectional dishes due to the critters, and the tree with rabbit plates.  I love the fawn best also, lucy.  Hanging them is an idea I hadn't thought about as I have tons of plates hanging.  Eons ago, I went nuts over the Bradford Exchange animal and bird plates.  Fortunately, they are spread around so as not to appear to be cluttered, but I havn't bought any in over fifteen, maybe longer, years.

I am impressed with Walmart's products and their customer service.  I may have mentioned that when DD was little, I would Christmas shop there, in addition to other places, and bought wonderful decor, etc. there, but havn't been to the store for a looong time.  These days, I do most shopping online.

@mousiegirl  I am plate crazy and change them out for the seasons.  We have a four plate hanger in the dining room and we enjoy those.  Some of the others are in areas that we don't see them as much. My Gdaughter gave me a set of black and white bird plates and I put them on easels.  I'm waiting for my last Christmas decor orders to come in, hopefully, by the end of the week or early next week.  I'm already starting to work on the decorating and too late to order more now.  Did you finish the red and white room?

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

20151108_123338.jpg

@mousiegirl  I am plate crazy and change them out for the seasons.  We have a four plate hanger in the dining room and we enjoy those.  Some of the others are in areas that we don't see them as much. My Gdaughter gave me a set of black and white bird plates and I put them on easels.  I'm waiting for my last Christmas decor orders to come in, hopefully, by the end of the week or early next week.  I'm already starting to work on the decorating and too late to order more now.  Did you finish the red and white room?

@lucymo  Your plate decor sounds wonderful.  No, lucy, I havn't finished.  It is taking so much longer than I thought due to so many distractions.  I am working in there today.  Also, There is a long table in front of the slider which I can't decorate until after the window shades are installed as we had to move the table quite a bit forward to allow room for the installation.  I am only getting an estimate an Wednesday, so don't know how long I will have to wait, that is if I decide to hire the company.  If I don't, DH will install some, but the company offers the type I want which Home Depot may not.  The first estimate from another company was $2,600, NO Way!  

We took down the old awning that was over the front deck which is outside of the red and white room, as it has to be replaced every four-five years, and I didn't want that expense again, so now I need window shades as the afternoon sun blazes into the room covering everything, not good for carpets and furniture, as you know.

I just discovered this morning that Valarie's set of three red pedestals which are on their way here, I already have!  I couldn't believe it, but since I love red, better hadn't I, lol, I will find a place for them, but twelve pedestals, this will be a challenge. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

20151108_123338.jpg

@lucymo  Your plate decor sounds wonderful.  No, lucy, I havn't finished.  It is taking so much longer than I thought due to so many distractions.  I am working in there today.  Also, There is a long table in front of the slider which I can't decorate until after the window shades are installed as we had to move the table quite a bit forward to allow room for the installation.  I am only getting an estimate an Wednesday, so don't know how long I will have to wait, that is if I decide to hire the company.  If I don't, DH will install some, but the company offers the type I want which Home Depot may not.  The first estimate from another company was $2,600, NO Way!  

We took down the old awning that was over the front deck which is outside of the red and white room, as it has to be replaced every four-five years, and I didn't want that expense again, so now I need window shades as the afternoon sun blazes into the room covering everything, not good for carpets and furniture, as you know.

I just discovered this morning that Valarie's set of three red pedestals which are on their way here, I already have!  I couldn't believe it, but since I love red, better hadn't I, lol, I will find a place for them, but twelve pedestals, this will be a challenge. 

@mousiegirl  Don't tell anybody but I've found more than one set of items that I forgot I already had.  lol   Now, that tells us that we need to keep a journal of every item that comes in.  I was just getting a mental picture of your  remodeling job.  Bad time to have to do house changes.  I have to go out of town tomorrow so that will take a day away from decorating which is why I start early.  I did some today but will go back and tweak it, too busy.  Using too much decor in the space so will remove some.  Couldn't find gold Bay Leaf picks so I bought some gold and silver Rust Oleum spray paint and painted some of the bronze ones.  They look great, just did a light coat of paint and now they will work for me.  Weather was gorgeous today, looking for thunderstorms and tornadoes on Wednesday though.