Honored Contributor

BEST VALERIE FAUX PINECONE AND ACORN "FILLER" EVER

[ Edited ]

For those who don't want to splurge on Christmas decs. this year, but could use something to "fill" the pretty vessels they already have, these are ideal.  And they are back now in both colors,  a bronzey natural shade, and in burnished gold:

H216559
6-Piece Mixed Set of Pinecones and Acorns by Valerie

They are solid and weighty, and just so cute!  I have two sets in gold, but am looking at that beautiful natural shade. I use mine in both fall and winter in various bowls and trays, and it's interesting how something so simple is such a wow.  The acorns in bronze I would not hesitate to use all year round.  This versatile set is one that is definitely going to escape my ongoing purging of decor!

(Apologies for this tiny picture-- I don't know why it came out so small!  To see a good depiction, look at video with Alberti and Valerie, but bear in mind, these look (and feel) even better in person.)

ETA--  OK, here's a not-that-great shot of the "bronze" version, but I'm hoping it comes out more normal size:

h216559.jpeg

This bronze looks like carved, aged wood-- nice to put in a dough bowl maybe!

Valued Contributor

Re: BEST VALERIE FAUX PINECONE AND ACORN "FILLER" EVER

Thank you @Oznell -- you're right -- they are beautiful.  I just ordered a set in gold.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Super, @Beauty Maven -- hope you love them!  They are so cutely chunky and made to last.  I just caved and ordered a bronze set to mix in with my gold!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

I wholeheatedly agree ----I purchased the bronze, the quality is EXCELLENT, and they are so versatile....I also use them in both fall and winter decorating....Highly recommend!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the head's up!!  Just ordered a bronze set...  exactly my style of decor!!  And no glitter....yippee!!!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt,  glad to hear your good experience with the bronze set-- I can't wait till mine come.  

@corita, exactly.  The fact that neither color has glitter (yet is so quietly effective) was a big selling point for me too.   

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@Spurt,  glad to hear your good experience with the bronze set-- I can't wait till mine come.  

@corita, exactly.  The fact that neither color has glitter (yet is so quietly effective) was a big selling point for me too.   

@Oznell 

Im sure you'll enjoy the bronze---they're very realistic looking....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh-- guess what.  I got my gold ones out (to play with, ha, after all this talk) and put them in one of my wood bowls.  Lo and behold, I noticed the finest, tiniest gold glitter on the wood afterwards!

I've never noticed that before!  Mainly b/c it's not like any other of Valerie's glitter. (I have her Christmas set of gold glitter birds, and they do have obvious, chunky, loose glitter that comes off on everything.)   The gilded painting on the acorns and pinecones looks smooth and polished-- no obvious glitter (I thought, mistakenly.)

So I stand corrected, and just want to let anyone contemplating the gold version that there IS a little bit of shedding, at least on mine. 

Honored Contributor

I have a set of bronze from last year.  I like the gold, but I have more fillers than bowls.  😂 Got a little carried away with acorns and such.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I have a set of bronze from last year.  I like the gold, but I have more fillers than bowls.  😂 Got a little carried away with acorns and such.

@GCR18   They can be strewn along a table. Smiley Happy