Honored Contributor

Re: Are velvet pumpkins still popular?

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I didn't buy velvet pumpkins when they first showed up a few years ago because I was using other decor.  Just this year, I purchased Valerie's new ivory candle rings that include velvet pumpkins.  Even if velvet pumpkins are on the way out, I think I will enjoy using these items in my decor for a few years.  Since no magazine editor is visiting my house any time soon, I don't feel as though I have to be on the cutting edge of decor trends. 😀

@Marsha2003   Pumpkins will never go out of style no matter what they are made of, so say I, lol.  I pay no attention to any of that what's in, just buy and enjoy what I like.  I have a lot of velvet pumpkins in all sizes and mediums, love them all.  I bought Valerie's orange pumpkin picks, can always use picks here and there.

Honored Contributor

Can't imagine my holiday decor for any holiday is going to be a financial asset.    Makes me happy to buy only what pleases me.

Honored Contributor

I've seen velvet pumpkins at Home Goods.

Respected Contributor

Always buy what pleases you.

Respected Contributor

I have seen cloth pumpkins at several stores including Pier 1 and Home Goods. As long as as you like an item, that's all that matters.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

I know red trucks are still a hot item but was wondering about velvet pumpkins.  I have a few from last year and have been thinking about getting a few more but wonder if I am too late to the party.

@itsmetoo   https://community.qvc.com/t5/Holiday/ZULILY-PUMPKINS/m-p/5635517#M62214

@mousiegirl  Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a big believer in what I like more than what's popular when it comes to home decor and especially seasonal decor. The more luxe it is the more I like it. It's your home and surround yourself with what you like to see. I use the kitchen to display any "new" item or something the kids find for me. This is what works for me at my home.   

Trusted Contributor

I’m not seeing as many in stores as they once were. But there are plenty on Etsy.

I personally still love them and plan on using them again this year. I don’t think these are something that I will grow tired of anytime soon. I’ll buy more if I see some I fall in love with.
Honored Contributor

If you like them, get some more. I'll use my red truck decorations even if someone proclaims them no longer popular.

Honored Contributor

I don't think things like that go out of style.  Every year there are new things because retailers want to keep us buying new every year.  I haven't decided if I will have hubby take my Fall box out of storage this year.  If I do, I will be using my velvet pumpkins and my velvet scarecrows.