Trusted Contributor

Are velvet pumpkins still popular?

I know red trucks are still a hot item but was wondering about velvet pumpkins.  I have a few from last year and have been thinking about getting a few more but wonder if I am too late to the party.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are velvet pumpkins still popular?

Valerie is selling them ,so they must be...lol  

I wouldn't think holiday things like that go out of style.

I bought Vals Velvet pumpkin tower,it is lovely  <3

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

I know red trucks are still a hot item but was wondering about velvet pumpkins.  I have a few from last year and have been thinking about getting a few more but wonder if I am too late to the party.

@itsmetoo   https://community.qvc.com/t5/Holiday/ZULILY-PUMPKINS/m-p/5635517#M62214

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl   

I love them   <3

Honored Contributor

Good question. 

I haven't been to a home store in months, like since Christmas time last year, so I have no idea what is out this year for fall or Christmas decor.

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmetoo - If they make you happy, use them and buy them! Decor is such a personal thing, and trends change constantly, so it's best to just do what makes you smile.

Valued Contributor

I still like them!  I get mine from an Etsy shop. She has lots of colors and sizes, handmade in the USA. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not as abundant as they were several years ago, but if you like them, as I do, then they have a place in your fall home decor.

I am too old to follow trends in my home decor. I display only those pieces, old and new, that bring me joy and complement my personal home style. Trends are primarily designed to part you with your money often. That does not work for my pocketbook. I tend to shop vintage first, then new.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, ladies, for your replies!  I always do what others have said and display what I love whether it is 'in' or not.  I was just curious because when things start to die out in popularity they aren't as readily available in stores.

Respected Contributor

I didn't buy velvet pumpkins when they first showed up a few years ago because I was using other decor.  Just this year, I purchased Valerie's new ivory candle rings that include velvet pumpkins.  Even if velvet pumpkins are on the way out, I think I will enjoy using these items in my decor for a few years.  Since no magazine editor is visiting my house any time soon, I don't feel as though I have to be on the cutting edge of decor trends. 😀