Honored Contributor

Re: Are Folks Turning On Their Outside Lights Where You Live?

No outside lights so far where I live, but probably in the next few days. I have my tree up and lighted, I see it through my windows so I know the neighbors can too.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I am visiting my mother.  We saw some last night.  I wanted to put hers on, but was told no lights until after thanksgiving.  😮

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  It was cold and nasty late yesterday afternoon and today, so it was the last pretty day for working folks to get out those lights before Thanksgiving!  

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Thank goodness “no” for my neighborhood, but I know it will start any day now. I really dislike a Christmas, including Christmas decorations. The good news is that in about 6 weeks, we will be done with the major holidays for a while. Yes, I’m a Grinch. 😁

@Goldengate8361  A good friend of mine had a sweatshirt that said "BAH HUMBUG!"  LOL!!!!  

Honored Contributor

I just happy to have ours up so we can enjoy the holidays this year, we have a lot to be thankful for.  We don't make a big deal out of Thanksgiving since there is just the two of us but will cook a turkey or a duck.  We love duck.

It's just nice to turn those lights on because the days got so dark and dank so early!  I am ready to kick back, relax and have friends over to enjoy some food and friendship. 

Respected Contributor

I think lights after Thanksgiving are the norm. It's a bit too soon yet.

Respected Contributor

Yes some people have their lights on.Ours will be up tomorrow.I really love the Christmas lights and have since I was a little girl. We enjoy driving around to look at the lights.Some people sure have some huge displays outside.

Honored Contributor

Thanksgiving night the earliest,

http://999-rose.ca/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/thanksgiving.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner.  I don't understand "the last pretty day"?  Most of our days are pretty; we certainly haven't seen the last one.

Happy for you. Although I’m firmly rooted to the awful weather where I live because of the Grands, I relish invitations (that I can’t accept) and love reading your weather reports @Kachina624!

My neck of the north east looks like January, and the lights that are cropping up all over my area are cheery and welcome. Up in November, down in March as far as I’m concerned. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed any lights yet. But what I have seen each year is less and less of them. I don't think people are into them as much as they use to be.