Honored Contributor

Anyone like or have H209791 VPH fruit beaded candle rings?

http://www.qvc.com/Set-of-3-7.5-Beaded-Fruit-Rings-by-Valerie.product.H209791.html?sc=H209791-SRCH&c...

I ordered these, but am wondering if they are going to fit a 4 inch diameter candle. Are these really new, or just brought back from another year. 

Was wondering if these are not truly new, does anyone have them?

I'm thinking they will be good with the Mirage honey candles.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone like or have H209791 VPH fruit beaded candle rings?

@Mominohio wrote:

http://www.qvc.com/Set-of-3-7.5-Beaded-Fruit-Rings-by-Valerie.product.H209791.html?sc=H209791-SRCH&c...

I ordered these, but am wondering if they are going to fit a 4 inch diameter candle. Are these really new, or just brought back from another year. 

@Mominohio  The inner dimensions are 4": so they should work.  I bought two sets. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio  The inner dimensions are 4": so they should work.  I bought two sets. Smiley Happy

Here is hoping the are just a little bit bigger than the 4" that they are claiming, so they will slide right down over a candle and not scratch!

I'm guessing these won't be presented, as her rings sell out before they can be seen. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

These are new, not a repeat from another year, as far as I know.

@SHOPR Did you buy a set or more?

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio  They don't look very full so I'm wondering if we could add them to a cedar ring to make them more substantial and show better.  Some of the cedar rings aren't that full anyway.  I'm thinking of the ones that are cheaper.  I ordered two sets as I would use them in the DR and kitchen.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Here is hoping the are just a little bit bigger than the 4" that they are claiming, so they will slide right down over a candle and not scratch!

I'm guessing these won't be presented, as her rings sell out before they can be seen. 

@Mominohio  I don't slide them over a candle, I put rings on the holders and nestle the candles inside of the rings.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio  I don't slide them over a candle, I put rings on the holders and nestle the candles inside of the rings.

@mousiegirl that sometimes won't work if they aren't just a bit more than the 4". The candle will sit crooked because it's base can't fit inside the ring. If they are really lush and full (and these are not designed to be) you can sometimes 'fake' it by sitting it on top of the interior ring, but I think that might be noticeable with these. 

I hope these get a presentation, as I'd like to see the colors in something besides the still shots.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl that sometimes won't work if they aren't just a bit more than the 4". The candle will sit crooked because it's base can't fit inside the ring. If they are really lush and full (and these are not designed to be) you can sometimes 'fake' it by sitting it on top of the interior ring, but I think that might be noticeable with these. 

I hope these get a presentation, as I'd like to see the colors in something besides the still shots.

@Mominohio  Yes, but I make it work. Smiley Happy  If I wiggle the candle enough into the ring, it will sit straight.  This is where the fat Mirage candles are difficult, with the 3", no problem.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio -  if a candle ring has a plastic inner ring, somtimes I cut it so that I wrap the ring around the candle rather than slide it over the candle.  These look like they are probably paper wrapped wire and too sprarse to do this.  I'd like to see a presentation as well to see if the colors match the other beaded fruit items I bought from Valerie.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003, I just ordered one set of the candle rings.  They are looking a little subdued on Valerie's dining room table.  I hope they will work nicely with the beaded fruit with the glass raspberries from the last two years.  That's what I'm counting on, like @DecorDiva.

@Mominohio, I sure hope for all of our sakes that Valerie gets a chance to tell us what size candle will work in the rings.  I usually do what @mousiegirl does when placing my rings.  I scratched one of my 3.5" rustic Luminaras trying to slide a ring down over it.  I was not happy.  Lesson learned.