Valued Contributor

Anyone else receive their BL TSV wreath from last week?

Or I guess the Bethlehem Lights tree or garland as well?  I received my flocked wreath today.  First of all, the flocking is kind of messy; as a matter of fact there was a whole glob of flocking that I had to peel off the back of the wreath.  I'm kind of undecided about the flocking.  Second, the lights don't seem that great.  I ordered this wreath because I liked the idea of being able to choose between white and colored lights.  The colored light mode seems fine but the white light mode is kind of weird.  Some of the lights look just fine, but other lights have kind of a orange-ish hue.  Has anybody else received their flocked items and experiencing the same issues?  I'm kind of on the fence with this item.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone else receive their BL TSV wreath from last week?

I received mine today.  I started to open it and saw some of the flocking was coming off so I didn't take it out because I had just vacuumed.  I'll have to try it out and see what the lights are like.  You sound disappointed. 

Trusted Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

Or I guess the Bethlehem Lights tree or garland as well?  I received my flocked wreath today.  First of all, the flocking is kind of messy; as a matter of fact there was a whole glob of flocking that I had to peel off the back of the wreath.  I'm kind of undecided about the flocking.  Second, the lights don't seem that great.  I ordered this wreath because I liked the idea of being able to choose between white and colored lights.  The colored light mode seems fine but the white light mode is kind of weird.  Some of the lights look just fine, but other lights have kind of a orange-ish hue.  Has anybody else received their flocked items and experiencing the same issues?  I'm kind of on the fence with this item.

So i went and got batteries and put them in.  I opened it outside on the porch.  It was not messy at all.  Not as bad as I thought.  It works find.  The white lights are white ... no orange tint.  They have a slight warmer color but they look fine to me.  They are not bright cool white though, if that's what you were expecting. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for your experience.  Maybe I just need to play with it a little bit and shake the excess flocking off and fluff the branches.  I know it's not so easy to find decent battery-operated wreaths out in the marketplace (or that's my experience) so I'm hopeful I can make this work.  

Respected Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

I got mine today.  Just opened the box to check it out.  I was nervous because I had also purchased the swag and sent it back for an exchange because the swag had an area at one end of it (about 6 to 8 inches) of no lights.  I thought I had to "flugg" it and move the stems around, but didn't do any good because there were absolutely no lights at one end.  Looked bad when lit.  I have the wreath up over my fireplace.  All the lights/features works.  The white lights look white...not yellow or orange.  But I plan on using multi lights on mine.  I will say the the battery box is a little difficult to conceal.  It's high up so it makes it harder to see up there but if it were on a door, you'd definitely see it.  The lights are nice, but I admit, could use a little more.  Looked like there were more lights when presented on TV.  But, all in all, so far so good.  Keeping my fingers crossed because I also got 5 garlands. 

Trusted Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@sueeich wrote:

I got mine today.  Just opened the box to check it out.  I was nervous because I had also purchased the swag and sent it back for an exchange because the swag had an area at one end of it (about 6 to 8 inches) of no lights.  I thought I had to "flugg" it and move the stems around, but didn't do any good because there were absolutely no lights at one end.  Looked bad when lit.  I have the wreath up over my fireplace.  All the lights/features works.  The white lights look white...not yellow or orange.  But I plan on using multi lights on mine.  I will say the the battery box is a little difficult to conceal.  It's high up so it makes it harder to see up there but if it were on a door, you'd definitely see it.  The lights are nice, but I admit, could use a little more.  Looked like there were more lights when presented on TV.  But, all in all, so far so good.  Keeping my fingers crossed because I also got 5 garlands. 

I agree about the battery box.  I plan on putting a red velvet bow to hide it.

Valued Contributor

I solved my problem!  I took another look at my wreath and I noticed that a bunch of lights have a protective red cover on them.  I remember somebody saying during one of the TSV presentations that the lights on the flocked items were covered so that the lights themselves wouldn't be covered with flocking when it was sprayed on.  About half of my lights still have this protective cover on.  That's why the lights looked orange/red when it's on the white light mode!  So make sure all the protective covers are removed from the light bulbs before making any judgements about the item.

Frequent Contributor

I received the green garland yesterday.  This was my first item from Bethlehem lights.  I normally do not like pre-lit decor but thought that the garland looked very full and lush so I decided to give it a try.  It really looks nice with the different types of greenery and all the lights and functions work great.  I will most likely use the white lights with the bright function.  As another reviewer said, the battery box is big but I can easily hide it on the mantle.  I will add my own decorative picks and pinecones to enhance the garland. I think the price and free shipping was also a contributing factor in my purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueeichI received my green garland but my green wreath is still in process. 

eta...mine shipped today, 10/4. 

eta...updateed @ 2:53 pm today...my delivery has been delayed.

Keepin' it real.