Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else out there with this delema ?

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes   DH shouldn't eat sugar either, so I only bake once in a while during the year, and at Christmas, we behave the rest of the year, for the most part.  I don't eat much sugar as I don't want to gain weight, and Christmas is the time it usually happens.

Earlier this year, I came across a sweet and sour jelly type candy with a sugar coating, like the orange slices of days gone by, and sweet and sour is my downfall.  I ate  these every evening

My next blood panel the A1C was bad, so I tossed what was left of the candy, and by the next test, all was normal.  

Andrew Lessman makes a chocolate in small bars, Choco Nuvo, 27 calories each, no sugar, but a slight sweetner, which I bought for DH, comes in a huge bag, and this has worked well as it helps to lower the A1C, so when he craves sugar, which is often, he eats three of these, really delicious, in three types of chocolate, I get the 74%.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone else out there with this delema ?

@Goodie2shoes  I too have diabetes 2.  I do cheat every day but I don't go overboard.  I take 2 meds.  When I go to docs, he says watch what you eat.  Don't want you to think that I am eating cookies and candies every day.  I love my pasta and bread. Not good.  But in my defense, I am trying to gain wright. Only weigh 105lbs.  Should be 125lbs.  So you see my dilemma.  But this time of year, I do have my cookies and cakes when with others.  Not going overboard but I allow myself to enjoy a little bit.  I also bake cookies, breads and cakes.  It is such a fun time of year.