Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Leave Christmas /HolidayDecorations Up All Year?

The fireplace mantel in my bedroom has a nativity set I keep on it all year long.

Esteemed Contributor

No, the decorations come down but my glistening trees are in a corner of the dining room being inconspicuous.

Even slightly frosted trees do better in air conditioning and I don't have to haul them in and out!

🎄 🎄 🌲🌲  😍

Respected Contributor

I don't but I leave snowmen out and add more for January.  Then I am on to something else.  

Respected Contributor

We are pretty traditional, Italian, Catholic.  We put up our tree and other Christmas decorations on the first weekend in December.  We leave it all up until the 6th of January  (aka/ Little Christmas, Epiphany, 12th Day of Christmas).  🎄

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

a couple

On top of my frig I have a plush Santa on motorcycle that plays Wild Thing & a wire Christmas tree. DH is a HD rider, we think the Santa is funny. 

A building from "It's A Wonderful Life" village from Target,  Martini's Bar in my dining room.

I think thats it

Esteemed Contributor

No Christmas decorations but I am thinking about putting my snow globes out to see it it will help me "think cool."  

My angels do sit out (in a case) all year!

Honored Contributor

No.  But I did leave my 2020 tree up from the beginning of November 2020 through the beginning of March 2021 -- so that's 4 solid months.  It was a rough season, for so many.  I've never done that before.

Usually it's up the day after Thanksgiving, and down on New Year's Day.

Esteemed Contributor

I put up the tree Thanksgiving weekend and take it down by MLK day.  I love that time  of year and stretch it as long as I can.  If it were up to my DH he would just leave it up, as it is a big job and not getting any easier, LOL!   I like to decorate for the seasons, but not with a big pine tree in my living room!

Honored Contributor

It would drive me nuts!  I like it less and less as they years go on.  We were talking about not putting them up at all any more.  Seems that's like trying to bring back Christmas Past--that isn't any more. 

Just listen to some music and go to church.  That's the point anyway. 

Respected Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

We are pretty traditional, Italian, Catholic.  We put up our tree and other Christmas decorations on the first weekend in December.  We leave it all up until the 6th of January  (aka/ Little Christmas, Epiphany, 12th Day of Christmas).  🎄

I love traditional. All this "melding" of timelines etc, I'm not in for. For me Christmas comes...at Christmas time. I will say, last year, saaaaad 2020, I bought a new, full sized artificial tree I truly enjoyed, I could change lights also from colored (more at Christmas) to white, during Jan, (seasonal)....but I'll admit...I kept it up to cheer up the dark season in a very dark year, until March!! That was even out of character for me...but hey, weird year.

And I have, in the past, done my small, table top, pencil tree and kept it up all winter season, ending in February where I put all my various keepsake heart ornaments on it.

But other than that...I truly like the traditons you mention. Italian/Catholic also. This year I'll do the traditional timeline.