Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone Leave Christmas /HolidayDecorations Up All Year?

Everything UP, the day after Thanksgiving...

Everything DOWN, the day after Christmas!

Respected Contributor

I know several people who leave a tree up year round and change the decorations seasonally...but not a fully decorated Christmas tree, unless it's stored in a spare room out of sight. My allergies would not appreciate a dust collector.

Honored Contributor

No!  The house is unfrocked and cleaned the day after Christmas or shortly there after!

Respected Contributor

Not as a rule, no.  I will admit to suddenly realizing I've left a holly sprig on the corner of a mirror in the month of july before.  I left it there.   However, if mugs count, I am guilty, guilty, guilty!

Regular Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

@Gorgf wrote:

I have a friend in Texas that leaves her 9 foot  fully decorated tree up in the Livingroom all year long. I left my VPH green Evergreen trees up from last Christmas that light up on timers. I enjoy them all months of tbe year.

Maybe some of you have Holiday collections you leave up all year long or like my friend a decorated tree. I was wondering if anyone cared to share? Some people are the opposite everything down the day after Christmas.

2020 was the first year I decided to leave Up my tree year round.  I took off the Christmas colored ornament balls, and put up VPH rose gold butterflies and little pink and blue birds on it for spring/summer.  I’m going to decorate it for fall/Halloween for the first time this year – so far I got VPH orange birds  and I’m debating between fall colored ornament balls or berry picks too.  It’s a 5 foot slim line tree from Valerie and feels like I’m bringing the outdoors in.  I also have the cardinal birds on advance order to add to the Christmas tree this year. 

Honored Contributor

I don't even decorate for holidays anymore, but I do have a couple of Jim Shore White Woodland Santas that I leave out year round.  They don't exactly look like the traditional Santa Claus, especially since they're done in pastels.  I just like the way they look on my shelf.❤️