Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Leave Christmas /HolidayDecorations Up All Year?

No, I would tire of it too quickly! I put mine up the week of Thanksgiving and it comes down probably by December 28th or 29th! A month is long enough for me....

Respected Contributor

Nor exactly " decoration " evergreen tree:

Up at the mountain place, a neighbor threw out her artificial Christmas tree.  DH brought it over to our place and cut it in two and then shaped it like a shrub.  He then placed each " shrub " on the side of the shallow steps going into the basement.

It has been 5 years and the deer have left them alone.  Our neighbor has passed but every time I see those shrubs, I think of her.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I have a friend in Texas that leaves her 9 foot  fully decorated tree up in the Livingroom all year long. I left my VPH green Evergreen trees up from last Christmas that light up on timers. I enjoy them all months of tbe year.

Maybe some of you have Holiday collections you leave up all year long or like my friend a decorated tree. I was wondering if anyone cared to share? Some people are the opposite everything down the day after Christmas.

Valued Contributor

@shoesnbags That's funny what you posted and very true... 

Honored Contributor

I ordered a new tree for Christmas 2012; enjoyed it so much that holiday season, I left it up for all of 2013, which was also my first year of retirement.   That was my year to really enjoy many things my way.   

I was ready to do it again after Christmas 2014, and made it to about May 22nd before taking the tree down in preparation for our kitchen update.   

My whole family enjoyed the glow of our tree in 2013, so I may well do it again someday.  I cannot imagine me leaving any other decorations out after Christmas.   

Respected Contributor

@amyb  🎅🤶🙏🎄🇮🇹💚

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Ours usually goes up the first or second week of December and comes down January sixth. Husband insists it stays up till then. 

Honored Contributor

No, of course I don't my Christmas tree up year round.  I also don't decorate for Christmas in September or October.  I love Christmas, it's my favorite holiday and my favorite time of the year.  It's special because it only comes once a year.  We traditional and we go all out for Thanksgiving which is also a special day for us.  We decorate for Christmas over Thanksgiving weekend and we celebrate Christmas through January 6.  I love the way our home looks on Christmas, sometimes we leave the decorations up a little longer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

It would drive me nuts!  I like it less and less as they years go on.  We were talking about not putting them up at all any more.  Seems that's like trying to bring back Christmas Past--that isn't any more. 

Just listen to some music and go to church.  That's the point anyway. 

Please reconsider.

I felt like such a Grinch these past two Christmases myself. Too much work drama and then Covid left me drained.

It's a time to honor those that are no longer withus. They would want us to be happy and carry on.

I hate to see another "I just don't bother anymore" poster.

Trusted Contributor

No, I start taking my Christmas decorations down soon after Christmas is over.  I do start decorating in November though.