Respected Contributor

Anyone Leave Christmas /HolidayDecorations Up All Year?

I have a friend in Texas that leaves her 9 foot  fully decorated tree up in the Livingroom all year long. I left my VPH green Evergreen trees up from last Christmas that light up on timers. I enjoy them all months of tbe year.

Maybe some of you have Holiday collections you leave up all year long or like my friend a decorated tree. I was wondering if anyone cared to share? Some people are the opposite everything down the day after Christmas.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Leave Christmas /HolidayDecorations Up All Year?

No.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I knew many people whose children were in SE Asia and those people kept Christmas decos up till their children came home. Some did not and it was very sad.

Respected Contributor

I keep my battery operated window candle lights up year round but only because their batteries never seem to run out. Mine that are burning now are ones I put out last November and they're still shining, maybe not as bright. I'll just put in fresh batteries this November and do the same again. They're not ever very bright so they're not that noticeable. I have a Charlie Brown collection that includes a few Christmas-themed ones  and I keep them up year round. I couldn't leave my tree up all the time, I get too excited to pull out the old decorations that I've been collecting my entire adult life and fill my mind with all the memories. I don't think I'd get the same excitement by leaving it up all the time, I'm afraid I'd get so used to seeing it that I wouldn't see it...does that make sense?

Super Contributor

No!    The tree and other decorations wouldn't be special, if they were in your face all year.  That's what I like about the holidays....    they are special and magical, and I treasure each evening when the tree is lit up and flameless candles & microlights abound!

I typically decorate on Thanksgiving weekend, and put everything away on  the first weekend after New Years Day.

To each, her own!   You do you!

Valued Contributor

No not all year. I believe in the 12 days of Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

No I don't.  Like someone else posted it wouldn't be special.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a neighbor who kept her white Christmas tree up all year in her living room window.

More of a holiday tree, she decorated it each holiday with seasonal decorations. Valentine's Day and July 4th were my faves. She took it down a while ago and I saw it in the trash at the road.

Me? I kept out some Christmas coffee mugs this year. Stinkin' cute and couldn't put them away. 😘

Trusted Contributor

@Calgal2too wrote:

No!    The tree and other decorations wouldn't be special, if they were in your face all year.  That's what I like about the holidays....    they are special and magical, and I treasure each evening when the tree is lit up and flameless candles & microlights abound!

I typically decorate on Thanksgiving weekend, and put everything away on  the first weekend after New Years Day.

To each, her own!   You do you!

@Calgal2too   Ditto !   I love the change of seasons and decorating for that special time of year.  

Respected Contributor

I don't, but I remember my grandmother having a holiday room (extra bedroom) that was always decorated for various holidays.  I loved playing in there because it was so colorful and cheerful.