Contributor

Anyone Had Luck Receiving VPH Orders That Were Moved To Backordered Status

Good Day All!  I would like to see if anyone has had luck with current orders that QVC, days later, moved to "Backordered" status.  My mother called early one morning and said she saw something on QVC that reminded her of a childhood Christmas.  It's the Valerie Parr Hill Glittered Illuminated Mercury Glass Candle Trio in Red.  I ordered two because after seeing them on air, I noticed the candles weren't all straight. I was thinking maybe one of them would be ok.  My order was placed before they sold out. My mother NEVER asks for anything so I ordered this for her, a surprise.  Well, I guess the surprise is on me because today, it's been changed to backordered.  After seeing the reviews, all mixed, maybe this isn't a bad thing but I so wanted to see my mother's face when she opened it.  Just trying to do something nice.  I sent QVC an email this morning.  Anyone had this experience and if so, what are the chances of receiving it?  Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Had Luck Receiving VPH Orders That Were Moved To Backordered Status

@K9Wife  - first let me say you are a sweet and thoughtful daughter to want to make your mom happy!  My order for the candles also went to backorder, and after reading the reviews, I cancelled.  The reviews were enough of  a mix of good and bad that I didn't want to take a chance with the nightmare that returning things is right now.  I've only had a few things go to backorder and if I recall, QVC eventually cancelled them.

Contributor

Thank you!  I'll wait for them to cancel my order and hope for the best.  Stay healthy and be blessed.

Honored Contributor

My order from 6/28 has been sitting in New Jersey for 8 days.  It might as well be backordered.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@K9Wife 

If those don't get shipped if you wait you'll find the same style at Walgreens.  Last year I bought 2 they reminded me of my grandmoms candles with the flickering lights and swirling glitter.

They were $14.99.  They had church scene ones also. Maybe they'll have them again this season.

here is a pic (hopefully you can see it on table next to trees)

33C43315-8EC8-48BD-8B5D-EAE976C221E1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

My guess is the shipment is late arriving from China and will get here soon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

homedecor1 - Thanks for posting the picture.  I will keep Walgreen's in mind if I'm unsuccessful with QVC.  I've been doing an internet search and see similar things so hopefully I can find something that will work by Christmas.

Thanks to everyone for the kind replies.

Contributor

Actually yes this has happened to me as well.  But what really is hard to understand is that after waiting for white tabletop reindeer for 2 years, I saw she had them on her 5pm show on 7/12, so I immediately ordered them.  After ordering mine I called people I decorate for and they ordered same deer, same white color.  So they received theirs, and as of today 8/3 mine are still " In process" which tells me they're sold out and people who ordered after me were processed before me, same item, color, color, and zip code mailed to.  Very disheartening.   

Frequent Contributor

@Drews gram my order was backordered too after sitting in process for weeks.  Sadly, I cancelled them today.  On Valerie's FB Fan Page alot of people are getting backordered even when they ordered before items were presented.  The only people I see getting their orders are those that have ordered a lot (like 15-20 plus boxes of stuff).  I think it's a supply chain issue combined with a QVC warehouse issue that is making ordering challenging.  I think for now, even though I enjoy Valerie's items very much and have many, I'm going to take a pause.

Contributor

This is a follow up to my original post.  The red candles are still on backordered status and I'm assuming any day now QVC will cancel the order.  So, a bit later I tried ordering the silver as it was still available.  I wanted a pair for my mother.  About a week later and after watching reviews for the item, I ordered another pair thinking I could get lucky and maybe salvage 2 out of the 4 ordered.  Well, boy was I wrong.  All 4 have arrived and there wasn't 1 out of the 4 that was acceptable.  I'm starting to think it's just my bad luck. Two were so crooked that no one in their right mind could look at and say, wow I did a great job assembling these. The third was straight but the flickering top was not in the flame but in the candle itself and looked really odd.  The fourth one was straight but had no battery compartment.  They had to be returned.   Now to sit and wait for my returns to be credited to my account. Think I'll cancel the red candle order. Thanks to everyone for the advice!