Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Behind Schedule?

[ Edited ]

I do have my shopping all done--and the mantle above the fireplace is decorated---I consider all that a huge victory , as I broke my ankle the middle of Oct and have been in a wheelchair ever since---that has put a HUGE crimp in things---had grander plans for this years end but am concentrating on starting to use a walker and crutches to put some weight on that foot---I do have my DD with me so she has taken over alot and I am able to do more---but good grief---am way to old to be breaking bones!!!Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Thanks, everyone, for making me feel a little better. @wagirl and @AngelPuppy1 , sorry that you are injured. I hope you heal as quickly as possible.

Honored Contributor

We got started a little late, (Rats! A game on the tv. Lost DH!), and my energy "poofed". I'm trying to get the decorating we love up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We decorated the house on Black Friday. A week earlier than usual. We also did less because hubby didn't bring all of the boxes from storage. That made it less stressful. The house looks beautiful. I'm going to do a lot more baking this year. I have the time since I'm retired.

Respected Contributor

I finally have everything put out and the tree finished, but my wreath for the front door looks sad and droopy. I need a new one but can only use 20-22 inches....can't find a thing and aI just am no good at making one. 

Esteemed Contributor

Somewhat yes! I don't know how it happened. I'm behind on sending my cards out and getting the last 2 gift cards. 

Regular Contributor

My house is now recorated inside and outside . I have sent my Christmas cards out . I am only making Mexican Wedding Cookies . I did too much baking last year . There is a time when we need to cut down on our traditions . Let the young ones take the reign .