Trusted Contributor

Re: Any thoughts on the new Luminara Rechargeable Tealights?

@Mominohio wrote:

@circles wrote:

I would like to know what the Luminara candles....any of them...look like when they are not lit...I notice that they never show them off when presenting them...

When they first came out...I thought i saw an unlit one on another site...that looked strange and ugly...could someone tell me...please

@circles

In my honest opinion, all the flame effect candles (Luminara, Mirage etc.) look odd and fake when not lit. Those plastic flames just kind of stand out and look cheap.

But I have gotten used to them, and they are just the trade off (at least for now, until someone comes up with some other new technology) for the beauty when lit.

I've often wished that Luminara would adapt their flame design to either 1) Create the ability to make the flame removable, so that you could slide the plastic flame piece onto what looks like a normal wick, or 2) Make the flame clear instead of solid plastic so that it's less consipicuous, and have it sit on a base that looks like a fake wick.  

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@circles wrote:

I would like to know what the Luminara candles....any of them...look like when they are not lit...I notice that they never show them off when presenting them...

When they first came out...I thought i saw an unlit one on another site...that looked strange and ugly...could someone tell me...please

@circles

In my honest opinion, all the flame effect candles (Luminara, Mirage etc.) look odd and fake when not lit. Those plastic flames just kind of stand out and look cheap.

But I have gotten used to them, and they are just the trade off (at least for now, until someone comes up with some other new technology) for the beauty when lit.

I've often wished that Luminara would adapt their flame design to either 1) Create the ability to make the flame removable, so that you could slide the plastic flame piece onto what looks like a normal wick, or 2) Make the flame clear instead of solid plastic so that it's less consipicuous, and have it sit on a base that looks like a fake wick.  

@RazorSharp

Those are great ideas. I was wondering if in the future, they might devise a way that the 'flame' would recede down into the candle automatically when it is shut off, then rise up out, when turned on. The way they are now designed, that would leave that hole in the center, but maybe they could do something where that would close over and have a wick appear or something.

I know, I'm asking a lot for a flameless candle, but someone just might invent it, as they just keep getting more and more realistic. 

Honored Contributor

WOW!!!  Those 4 tealights are pricey....then when you add shipping $84 then you gotta add on tax---

surprised scream smiley

I bought some rechargeable tea lights from QVC a few years ago ----don't remember the brand---they were awful, some of them wouldn't recharge, others didn't hold the charge even though directions were followed----I ended up throwing them away.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  Zulily today.

LED Candle - Set of Six

$14.99 $20.00

add to basket

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

Enjoy the ambience of a candlelit room without worrisome flames or messy wax. With over 200 hours of burn time, replacing batteries for this candle set will be a rare chore.

• Includes six candles
  • 1.88'' W x 2.13'' H x 1.88'' D
  • Plastic
  • Five hour timer
  • Requires one CR2450 battery (included)
  • Imported

@mousiegirl, Thank you for always thinking of me and for showing me these candles.  :-) That is a great price and very good battery life for the button batteries.  I guess what I really want is for the ones with the moving flame (like Luminara) to have better battery life.  :-(   I have some similar to these with the bulbs.  Mine are from Pacific Accents.

Respected Contributor

@mallemo, not going there this year on these.  Too high maintenance for me. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and ordered them as I had a gift card to use and if they are too awful I'll have until the end of Jan. 2017 to return them. I'm hoping for the best.

Respected Contributor

@mallemo, please report back when you can.  I just can't get past the short battery life before you have to charge them again.  I am counting on you to be the voice of reason;  I will all too happy to order them if they are up to your standards.  

Valued Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@mallemo, please report back when you can.  I just can't get past the short battery life before you have to charge them again.  I am counting on you to be the voice of reason;  I will all too happy to order them if they are up to your standards.  

@BornToShop, will do. I think I would only use one or two at a time so that way I would always have one or two charged and ready to go.

Esteemed Contributor

@mallemo,

@RazorSharp,

Anyone buying the rechargeable tealights,

I would be interested in the results, if someone wants to experiment with using your rechargeable tealights in the on position, and operating via the remote, to see how often (in hours used) you have to recharge, compared to using the timer.  

In a home forum thread, it is mentioned that keeping a candle in the on position, even if you are not using the candle, will drain the battery just as if you were using it on a daily timer.  If that is going to happen with the tealights as well, then it stinks, but you never know unless you try it.  

The older tealight sets may not be remote compatible, not sure, but the new set should be compatible. 

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Home/Does-using-the-Luminara-remote-drain-the-candle-batteries/m-p/29390...

Respected Contributor

Something they didn't talk about is how often they can be recharged before they are done for.  With having to recharge every 3 days, that's a lot of recharging and I don't believe that even rechargeable batteries have an unlimited life-span.