Valued Contributor

Any thoughts on the new Luminara Rechargeable Tealights?

H208935

Regular Contributor

Re: Any thoughts on the new Luminara Rechargeable Tealights?

My first thought was yes! I need these!

My second thought was, Holy mother, those are way too expensive for just 4 little tea lights

My third thought was - 15 hours of battery life? For that price?

These are way way overpriced. I don't need them that badly.

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to know what the Luminara candles....any of them...look like when they are not lit...I notice that they never show them off when presenting them...

When they first came out...I thought i saw an unlit one on another site...that looked strange and ugly...could someone tell me...please

Regular Contributor

I think they look fine unlit. 

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

I would like to know what the Luminara candles....any of them...look like when they are not lit...I notice that they never show them off when presenting them...

When they first came out...I thought i saw an unlit one on another site...that looked strange and ugly...could someone tell me...please

@circles

In my honest opinion, all the flame effect candles (Luminara, Mirage etc.) look odd and fake when not lit. Those plastic flames just kind of stand out and look cheap.

But I have gotten used to them, and they are just the trade off (at least for now, until someone comes up with some other new technology) for the beauty when lit.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@circles wrote:

@circles

In my honest opinion, all the flame effect candles (Luminara, Mirage etc.) look odd and fake when not lit. Those plastic flames just kind of stand out and look cheap.

But I have gotten used to them, and they are just the trade off (at least for now, until someone comes up with some other new technology) for the beauty when lit.

Thank you ....that is what I thought....I knew there had to be a reason why we never seen them unlit...I think I will hold off purchasing these...maybe one day they will make them nicer unlit as they look lit....Thanks, again... mominohio...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mallemo wrote:

H208935

Hi there, @mallemo.  We had a brief discussion about these in the CIJ Purchases thread, page 2 and 3:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Holiday/CIJ-PURCHASES/td-p/2914132/page/2

I'm really torn, because I love the look of my Mystique moving flame tealights with coin batteries, but I'm so tired of the constant battery changing, and I'm afraid the battery compartment spring-loaded lid will wear out because of the frequent opening and closing.  I stocked up on 100 cheap batteries from ebay, so I still have quite some time to go through them.  When that's over, I may consider investing in the rechargeable tealights. 

Why do the rechargeables have to cost so much?????? :-(

Frequent Contributor

They are waaay toooo expensive!  I'll pass.

Esteemed Contributor

@circles, While I don't like how the moving flame tips look unlit, I agree with @Mominohio that you will probably get used to seeing them in your home, and then you won't give them much thought.  Every person is different, but I'm picky about a lot of little things like this, and I'm ok with them now, during the daytime, unlit.   

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR  Zulily today.

LED Candle - Set of Six

$14.99 $20.00

add to basket

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

Enjoy the ambience of a candlelit room without worrisome flames or messy wax. With over 200 hours of burn time, replacing batteries for this candle set will be a rare chore.

• Includes six candles
  • 1.88'' W x 2.13'' H x 1.88'' D
  • Plastic
  • Five hour timer
  • Requires one CR2450 battery (included)
  • Imported