Honored Contributor

Re: Any decor updates for winter?

@Susan Louise-

Oh wow-that's a lot to go through!

Are you ok now or in remission?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

@Susan Louise-

Oh wow-that's a lot to go through!

Are you ok now or in remission?

@on the bay I'm fine now. Technically I'm 'cured' from cancer. I have heard many stories about folks getting cancer back a 2nd or 3rd time 10-20 yrs later. I try to stay positive though. Thanks for asking Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I usually don't decorate for different seasons, except Christmas.  This year, I ventured a little differently.  I decorated on the outside of my townhouse with a wreath and garland that [I think/hope] look "winter," not specifically Christmas.  I put the wreath on the front door.  I have a sectioned herb trough that was sitting empty, so I swagged the garland on top of it (and nailed it down in some areas to keep it grounded in windy days).  I feel like this is a winter look, and will not look odd thru February.

IMG_2975.JPG

IMG_E2974.JPG

@Caaareful Shopper  Just lovely! I really love that wreath. You did a wonderful job. thanks for sharing! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@on the bay Thank you! 😊

Honored Contributor

Thank you very much @Susan Louise!

Honored Contributor

Generally I leave all my snowmen stuff out/up because it's wintery and not holiday. But this year, I just put it all away.  I didn't want to have to worry about putting more stuff away later.

My biggest thing is always something for my front door.  My live wreath is still up from Christmas because there is nothing wrong with it and I hate to just toss it.  But it really needs to come down.  LOL  I don't have a winter wreath to put up and it's too soon to put my Valentine wreath up.  So I'm in limbo.       

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My decor for January: the big tree is down- everything stored away as of Saturday. Leaving up the 5' Hallmark flocked tree. It has clear lights and is decorated with silver, white and clear balls and silver on white ribbon, so I think it reads Winter, and not Christmas. I need the extra light at this time of year! 

The rest of my decor is mostly live, seasonal plants. Four poinsettias still going strong and looking good, a hyacinth bulb about to bloom, two amaryllis- one at peak, the other just past and my good old house plant. Also still have the wreath on my front door, a seasonal wreath on the dining room mirror and two candles- an old Cheerful Giver snowman jar and a large WoodWick

.Live flowering plants, candles and light- must haves in my house at this time of year.