Honored Contributor

Another look at the frosted luminaras

20170802_090512.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Another look at the frosted luminaras

Some were wondering how they would look for fall rather than Christmas.

The greenish tint to these didn't show up on my monitor in this particular photo, but they do still have a really different color to them and it does lend itself well to the fall candle rings I have.

The color of the picture is lighter than in person, those are VPH gold candle holders as well.

I'm liking them a lot for fall use. Still not sure how well I will be able to match Christmas things to them. 

Honored Contributor

Unlit in this shot20170801_085844.jpg

Respected Contributor

Stunning @Mominohio, loving the different twist of fall other than the typical browns/oranges/golds.  

Honored Contributor

Love it.

Honored Contributor

By the way, these are the gold Luminaras.

Regular Contributor

Gorgeous!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where did you get the candle rings - love them.  Love your hutch also

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the pics! I thought those were the ivory at first. Whatever color they are, I like them. Love those candle rings! Are those pedestals Valerie's set of three that got mixed reviews? Also, regarding the Luminaras, are they glass or plastic? I thought I read a review or two saying it seemed cheap like plastic, not thick glass.
Honored Contributor

@kyreb wrote:

Where did you get the candle rings - love them.  Love you hutch also

@kyreb

The candle rings are by a company called Sullivans (picked them up at a small shop in Ohio's Amish country), and they were really reasonable (like $6 each). 

They have a website if you want to see their product line but I don't think you can buy directly from them. 

I got candle rings, picks, really long stems that act as garlands, and three sizes of wreaths all in that same color and style. Love the tied together look it gives my fall decor throughout my house. 

And thanks about the hutch.

I see many out in the market that I really love, but this was my mother's and holds such sentiment for me. I remember that early in my life we moved quite a few times, and every house was chosen based on the dining room being able to handle the size of this big hutch. 

I often display her dishes in it and it reminds me of home and my childhood. As many pretty hutches as there are out there, I just couldn't exchange them for the love of this one.