Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Another Review ~ Yep, Valerie Item ~ ARGHHH!

Okay kids, this one didn't go so good.  Now we are at 2 bad, 1 good.

This is regarding H214946, set of 3 wax luminaries with timers.  I got the acorn choice.  I unpacked them and tried to put the batteries in.  There is no way the batteries are going to fit into the compartment.  Yes, I had the correct battery and yes, I tried until I broke into a sweat (literally).  The batteries just weren't going to snap into place.

On a positive note, I talked with someone in customer service who couldn't have been nicer.  She marked my account and assured me I would not be charged for shipping either way.  At least we can still count on good customer service! 

I'll pack them up tonight and tomorrow morning back they go.  (Arghhhh)........  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Review ~ Yep, Valerie Item ~ ARGHHH!

"C" battery?   That's what mine requires - just changed one yesterday.  (I know - you know - AA from C and D but just interested)

Honored Contributor

I hadn't seen them or I would have jumped on the acorn.  I don't think I've had a battery not fitting issue.  Sorry you are having issues.

Respected Contributor

@Julie928, I was just replying on @HisElk post about my disappointment with the VPH candle rings I bought and I saw your post. I hadn't even opened my acorns yet but ran in there to do so right now. I got one out and had no problem whatsoever inserting an AA battery. Are you sure about yours? Granted, I haven't tried all three yet, but the first one was a cinch...wasn't even tight. I will say it only lights up on the top two thirds of the acorn but I noticed that in the presentation and was prepared for it.