Honored Contributor

Am I the only one who packs holiday decor SO WELL that....

I can't find the items the following year?

Every year this happens. This year, I am missing a bunch of Valerie items, flameless candles, micro lights, stocking holders and assorted snowmen. It's not like I have a huge house, lol. All the items have to fit in one place and yet...I can't find them. I'll find them this Spring while looking for Easter or gardening stuff, just watch, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who packs holiday decor SO WELL that....

@SahmIam   I can't find my "melted snowmen"  couldn't find them last year either

Esteemed Contributor

I have so many decorations I mark the boxes. I use only clear plastic with fasteners that lock. 
  I write what room they go to, and most of the contents on all sides. 

Each year I like to rotate a bit that way, it's different and like having new items.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam -

I couldn't find some things and some were Valeries. I thought, I know I didn't give those away. One is a tall angel that I love. 

Well, I had put them in a very accessable place, not in the Christmas storage box. I found other things that I had just put in the cabinet in the living room and others in a little hutch in the kitchen for easy access.

So I'll know to look in easy but unexpected places from now on!

I think I just could not get everything in the 2 boxes I have, so I found other places to put them for the year.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I'm a perfectionist.   You don't want my life, let me tell you!  I have misplaced items before.   Now I keep smaller items in a giant antique grain chest.  The others are on two large shelves which are in the laundry room which actually  goes over the stairs on the other side of the wall in the blueprint. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam 

No but I take pics of all my items (displayed) and place these in my. storage box.

What I do forget is what I've trashed or donated!!!  

Although, I clearly remember having a nice sisal turkey ...still have no idea for years where he went🤷‍♀️😉

Esteemed Contributor

I never let my Hubby  put th items away for me....   Evry time I had him help put away items , it took me  acouple of yrs to find them again.  Now,  all my Christmas stuff is packed in one area  and I put everything where I know it is. The only problem is there's so much other stuff to move to get to the Christmas items....

Honored Contributor

Every year I lose items that I just know I have...somewhere.

I have a beautiful fall swag for my front door. I just bought it last year.  When I took down my summer wreath and went to replace it with the fall one, I couldn't find it.  I dug through bags and boxes in the basement where I keep my seasonal stuff.  It was gone.

This week, I went to get some Christmas decor to put out...and right there on top of everything was my fall swag.  no box or bag, just sitting there.  I swear it was not there in October.  I think I have gremlins in my basement who are messing with me.

Honored Contributor

I can't find stuff I bought yesterday........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

No....I have two places where I store Christmas things....corner in the front of the garage and a spare bedroom closet (tucked back in the corner in totes and other plastic snap ware.  I'd love to pare down, but there are somethings I just cannot part with.