Honored Contributor

Am I the only one who didn't make a list of batteries, how many and what size

from last year? I am just now starting to wonder about buying batteries and wishing I had made a list, lol. I want to have batteries available to use as soon as I start decorating for Christmas. I don't know why I didn't do this last year. I am betting that most of you ladies have it written down somewhere. Am I right about that?

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who didn't make a list of batteries, how many and what size

@Snicks1 I'm not that organized, especially since I don't use exactly the same items from year to year.  Most everything seems to use C, D, or AA so I pick the econo packs at Costco and I'm usually good to go.

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who didn't make a list of batteries, how many and what size

@Snicks1 wrote:

from last year? I am just now starting to wonder about buying batteries and wishing I had made a list, lol. I want to have batteries available to use as soon as I start decorating for Christmas. I don't know why I didn't do this last year. I am betting that most of you ladies have it written down somewhere. Am I right about that?

@Snicks1  I began buying batteries months and months ago so I wouldn't have one huge bill, get them at Costco.

Trusted Contributor

I also buy batteries at Costco, especially when they have them on sale.  It's ridiculous the amount of batteries I have on hand, but I always seem to use them up!

Honored Contributor

When I see them on sale, I buy.  I shouldn't need to buy any for Christmas.  I don't know how many, but know AA and C are the popular size I need.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

When I see them on sale, I buy.  I shouldn't need to buy any for Christmas.  I don't know how many, but know AA and C are the popular size I need.

@GCR18  I use a lot of D also, and this year, AAA.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1 I just stock up every time I go to the Dollar Store. All sizes. AAA not so much.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

I guess that's one benefit of making a hurricane kit every summer lol.

I start purchasing batteries in May and then if we're fortunate and get through hurricane season without a huge impact I'm ahead of the game on the Christmas battery purchasing.

To answer your question though no, I never remember to make a list Smiley Embarassed

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Esteemed Contributor

It seems like everything needs batteries today, so we keep a collection of all sizes and pick them up at either Costco or BJ's.  The way that I keep track is that about 25 years ago, in the back of the Sunday magazine, DH saw an ad for battery holders that attach to the wall.  They cover all batteries and we keep them full.  I have to say that this has really been a winner for us over the years.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

My list is created when I go to my battery basket and I don't have the size that I need.  That's what goes on my list (for The Dollar Store) I hate spending $$ on batteries.