Valued Contributor

Almost got the Smow Village finished!

Having a week home post-medical and with a eye to an early Thanksgiving DH & I got the Dept 56 Snow Village up first time in 3 years!! Need to vacuum and stuff the china crates back up in the attic & voila. Nice to have the time and inspiration this season- I’m already enjoying it. Like others have posted, sometimes decorating can feel dreadful but this year I got it on. And I’m singing in a special church choir just for a Christmas program so I’m feeling it. Merry Christmas everybody!
Valued Contributor

Re: Almost got the Smow Village finished!

Typo whoops it’s SNOW Village
Respected Contributor

We need pictures or it doesn't exist!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@birdQ13 I havn't set mine up in decades, but think about it.  If you are able to post pictures, would love to see it.

Frequent Contributor

That's wonderful!! I left my North Pole Village up for l7 years and recently took it down. I turned it on each morning and turned it off every night!! I loved it and so did my Grandchildren! Then one day I was walking through the dining room where it was and in a few hours it was gone, packed up and put upstairs!! It was almost like I could NOT look at it another minute. Now, I miss it and I'm glad I packed it up carefully because after Christmas it's going back up.  I love Santa, the North Pole, the reindeer and everything that goes with it. It keeps me young!

Honored Contributor

@odie96 wrote:

That's wonderful!! I left my North Pole Village up for l7 years and recently took it down. I turned it on each morning and turned it off every night!! I loved it and so did my Grandchildren! Then one day I was walking through the dining room where it was and in a few hours it was gone, packed up and put upstairs!! It was almost like I could NOT look at it another minute. Now, I miss it and I'm glad I packed it up carefully because after Christmas it's going back up.  I love Santa, the North Pole, the reindeer and everything that goes with it. It keeps me young!

@odie96  I began collecting the Snow Village before the North Pole came out, I believe, though think I later bought a few North Pole, probably deer, lol.

I have a complete farm, tree lot, animated mountain, animated ice skaters,Santa, kids, parents, animals, many establishments, ponds, trees, lit and otherwise, and on and on.  I would like to have the houses up all year, but no surface.  I had planned on a three wall counter top with cabinets above and drawers below in the rec room to set up the village and leave it all year, but due to cost, I only had one wall done, and that counter is for the large tv, etc.

I would have to move roosters and hens, three hutch shelves of them, in order to put the items needing electricity there, then I could set up most of the rest on the kitchen table and one side of the island, but there wouldn't be room for anything else, may do this next year.