Honored Contributor

Re: After Christmas Decorations

@insomniac2 wrote:

I've only done about half of my decorating. I keep Christmas items up until after the Epiphany, but snowmen and winter decor remain until spring (which never comes early in Michigan).

@insomniac2  I don't mean to rush you but it's nearly Christmas.  LOL.  My decor has been out long enough that by the second week in January it's going to be a bit dusty and time to clean.  Merry Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

With respect to my decor, I could get away with leaving everything but my tree up through March.  However, it all comes down the second week in January.  To me, if you justify your Christmas decor as "winter" decor after the second week in January, you're a weirdo.

@TenderMercies  Weirdos are fun, don't you know.  lol.

Honored Contributor

@De Anna wrote:

I have a Christmas tree my SIL made me. It stays in my curio cabinet year round. Its made of white beads, so you really don't even notice it. 

@De Anna  I received a small santa, sleigh and Reindeer  from my Grandmother when I was a little girl.  It is made of porcelain.  It stays in a cabinet year round too.  I like having it there. 

Honored Contributor

Christmas has not happened yet, why be sad about putting the stuff away?  Enjoy the moment 

Respected Contributor

I’m always happy to take everything down. It goes up at Thanksgiving, I really enjoy it for a month but like to start the new year with a “fresh” home.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I leave my Christmas decor up until Epiphany

I use my pedestals and flameless candles all year, but will switch out the red candles and go with ivory or another color....

Since I live in Texas our "winters" are unpredicitable...sometimes we get cool weather and ice storms, other times it can get into the 70's so I dont tend to leave snowmen or other wintry things out they just seem out of place if we dont have much of a "winter".....The exception will be my Jim Shore wintry angels that I will probably put out....they are really all year pieces. At the end of January I will put out a Valentines Day red floral display....and I have a cute Jim Shore valentine kitty too...and then just spring flowers and flameless candles until Easter, then Ill put some  Easter things out......Summer dont do much not my favorite season (I hate hot weather)...just some sunflowers and maybe a 4th of July wreath on my front door and 4th flower arrangement on my dinning room table...Then come fall I get exceited about getting out the fall stuff, and then we cycle around to Christmas fun (my favorite time of year)...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@insomniac2 wrote:

I've only done about half of my decorating. I keep Christmas items up until after the Epiphany, but snowmen and winter decor remain until spring (which never comes early in Michigan).

@insomniac2  I don't mean to rush you but it's nearly Christmas.  LOL.  My decor has been out long enough that by the second week in January it's going to be a bit dusty and time to clean.  Merry Christmas.

@lucymo

I have a friend that is such a procrastinator...The first week of December.I helped her put her tree up except for the star and a few ornaments at the very top (her tree is a bit too tall for my 5'2" height without a ladder)....well she still hasnt finished that nor fixed her garland and placed other Chritmas items that are in a box in the middle of her living room......my sister and I laugh that she might get it done by Valentine's Day.... Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

With respect to my decor, I could get away with leaving everything but my tree up through March.  However, it all comes down the second week in January.  To me, if you justify your Christmas decor as "winter" decor after the second week in January, you're a weirdo.

@lucymo You're my favorite weirdo.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@insomniac2 wrote:

@lucymo

I have a friend that is such a procrastinator...The first week of December.I helped her put her tree up except for the star and a few ornaments at the very top (her tree is a bit too tall for my 5'2" height without a ladder)....well she still hasnt finished that nor fixed her garland and placed other Chritmas items that are in a box in the middle of her living room......my sister and I laugh that she might get it done by Valentine's Day.... Woman LOL

@Spurt LOL.  I'd like to laugh at the lady but there's still a turkey sitting on a counter in our kitchen. Smiley Happy   I still have to finish the kitchen.  I can't seem to finish this year.

I just had some visitors who came to look at my decor.  They come every year looking for ideas as well as to see the decorated house.  They were a bit late this year but one is heading out to get a slim tree like mine so she can decorate it by Christmas. Monkey see, Monkey do.  That's fun when we can share ideas though.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@lucymo You're my favorite weirdo.

@TenderMercies  Thank you for that.  Smiley Happy   Merry Christmas to you and I wish you the best New Year ever.