Esteemed Contributor

Re: Advance Order shipping date keeps being extended

@busymom22 wrote:

The gingerbread cottage I ordered back in June that was to ship by the beginning of August finally says "Preparing your Order". I am actually pleasantly surprised it wasn't cancelled.

So for those like me who have had severely delayed advanced orders, there is hope!

@busymom22   Well maybe there is hope for my advanced orders too !   I sure do hope so .

Visitor

I am generally not a qvc shopper, but I wanted some Christmas items. I ordered 2 sets of Mr Christmas mini tree ornaments on 9/23. The advance order shipping date was only several days after my order date. Then several days later I decided I wanted one more set. They were no longer on advance orders, and the price was a little higher. I ordered an additional set. Now the order that I placed later has already shipped, but the earlier ones are still in process? What is up with that? All the colors are currently in stock and not on advance order anymore. So I'm sure if I ordered today at the higher price, they would ship right out, while the other ones sit in process. Clearly not a shipping problem, and not a stock problem. If a customer orders today, they would receive them before I would, and I ordered mine a week ago! They have changed current ship date several times already! What gives??
Super Contributor

@Jewelme wrote:
I am generally not a qvc shopper, but I wanted some Christmas items. I ordered 2 sets of Mr Christmas mini tree ornaments on 9/23. The advance order shipping date was only several days after my order date. Then several days later I decided I wanted one more set. They were no longer on advance orders, and the price was a little higher. I ordered an additional set. Now the order that I placed later has already shipped, but the earlier ones are still in process? What is up with that? All the colors are currently in stock and not on advance order anymore. So I'm sure if I ordered today at the higher price, they would ship right out, while the other ones sit in process. Clearly not a shipping problem, and not a stock problem. If a customer orders today, they would receive them before I would, and I ordered mine a week ago! They have changed current ship date several times already! What gives??

I have seen this happen too which is why I don't think it's just random. I believe things are set up in QVC's system to do this. Same with those who upgrade the shipping on their orders.

For example, there were some Valerie illuminated items I really wanted. They were out of stock then came briefly back in stock and I ordered but upgraded my shipping. My two boxes arrived in perfect condition and perfect working order.  Meanwhile on here there were buyers who were upset that their orders (that they placed before me) were still processing, or some received the items but they were broken.

I have learned that if there's an item I really want that has working parts it's best to upgrade shipping as I believe the mail is handled better than packages shipped at cheapest rates. I have been disappointed too many times to receive Christmas items that don't work but can't be replaced as the items are out of stock.

Frequent Contributor

@busymom22 

I hope you have better luck than I have.
I'm waiting on Mr. Halloween trees. I ordered one and received it this past week about a week past the due date. I ordered two more the very next morning and would think they'd be sent together or a day later but one has been in "preparing the order" since last week, then Thursday I got an email stating "Sorry your delivery has been delayed and should be delivered the 13th." The other still shows Advance Order.

The original date was the 6th or 7th. I'm trying to be patient and hopefully I'll get them before Halloween! For sure I'll have them for next Halloween. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I think that just in general, many people will never see these advanced orders at all, and many will be later than promised. The supply chain in very stressed and out of sync right now. I just personally don't count on a single thing I order from anywhere actually showing up.....until it actually does. 

I don't like it, but unfortunately, it is the way of the world right now. Most everything VPH sells is coming from China. Ports in China closed, container shortages, Covid issues, ports backed up here in the US, trucker shortages, labor shortages in all fields.....it all adds up to maybe we will see it, maybe we won't.

@Mominohio   Valerie's items are the only I have not received, zulily, amazon, ebay, etsy, all come in time.  I waited three and a half months to receive one of Valerie's items bought in June, just received one, not worth the wait, the other I cancelled.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I think that just in general, many people will never see these advanced orders at all, and many will be later than promised. The supply chain in very stressed and out of sync right now. I just personally don't count on a single thing I order from anywhere actually showing up.....until it actually does. 

I don't like it, but unfortunately, it is the way of the world right now. Most everything VPH sells is coming from China. Ports in China closed, container shortages, Covid issues, ports backed up here in the US, trucker shortages, labor shortages in all fields.....it all adds up to maybe we will see it, maybe we won't.

@Mominohio   Valerie's items are the only I have not received, zulily, amazon, ebay, etsy, all come in time.  I waited three and a half months to receive one of Valerie's items bought in June, just received one, not worth the wait, the other I cancelled.

@mousiegirl 

@Mominohio 

I feel that it's because QVC sells items they don't have yet and hope they will maybe get while other places like Amazon, Ebay, etc are selling things they have in stock.

Frequent Contributor

I have 2 sets of Demin and Company set of 3 shirts that were ordered the day after Labor Day and were to ship the week of 9/27, they still on advanced order, and 2 of Valerie's Harvest lanterns, still on advanced order were supposed to ship the week of 10/11, still waiting, but what I don't understand is some people have already got both of these items already, while others are still waiting!!!