Esteemed Contributor

Re: Adding Christmas in the Kitchen

I enjoy an Early American look in my home.  I have a round antique oak kitchen table.  The usual centerpiece is a Luminara lantern surrounded by a wreath reflecting the season.

For Christmas, I have several different designed Dept. 56 churches with a few accessories on this table.  I love churches, always have.

Respected Contributor

827-RT.jpg

The first thing I do is add a vignette to my kitchen island. This one is from a couple of years ago. The island decorating sets the tone for the rest of my kitchen.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee 

That is such a beautiful plant!  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee 

I so like what you did!  The clear glass is so sparkly and the bits of color make the look so fresh and clean!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I get out my kitchen cart and get my baking supplies ready.  I make many types of candy, cookies and flavored nuts.  When my family sees the full cart, they know Christmas is near.

I am not into Christmas decor. I have never liked it, but put it out because I had children.  It's just me and hubs now.  He decorates the windows and outdoors and puts out  my table top flocked tree with one lone red cardinal and lights on it and a wreath on the door.

The best part of Christmas for me is family and food.  I start baking on a small scale next week for Thanksgiving and then will dive right in to my Christmas goodies.

I know I am a Scrooge.  But, hey.  I do have a few Christmas tea towels I can put out and maybe a Christmas tablecloth or placemats.  I can do that without too much effort if I get around to it.

@Carmie 

Absolutely not!  Everyone celebrates in their own way, and high intensity decoration isn't comfortable for you whatever the reason.  It takes a lot of effort to decorate and we each do what makes us happy and comfortable.

You "go" Girl!!!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Trusted Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

827-RT.jpg

The first thing I do is add a vignette to my kitchen island. This one is from a couple of years ago. The island decorating sets the tone for the rest of my kitchen.

@Regal Bee 

I have that same cookie jar! 

Trusted Contributor

Two Luminara candles in lanterns, one next to my stove and one on the island!   I also use red and green dish towels and my Winterberry dishes showing through my kitchen cabinet windows!!  I just got that all out today!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I decorate my table with my Holiday dishes and do a centerpiece as well......I also have a holiday rug and holiday dish towels. The bulk of my decorating of course is in our Living Room, but I try to add a little bit to each room, bathrooms, I add Christmas Lotion and Liquid Soap and cute little holiday towels!

Respected Contributor

Festive dish towels and tartan shades on the breakfast room chandelier.  

Honored Contributor

D5C782AA-5889-4CFE-8186-E6D10081D248.jpeg

This is my "gingerbread" kitchen area.