Esteemed Contributor

Re: ARE YOU READY FOR VALERIE ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24?

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I will be watching, also I like the theme song to Val’s Christmas presentations ...gets me feeling “holidayish”...🌲 but I’m not buying. BTW, I miss the old set with the white hutch that was always so beautifully displayed.I wonder why they don’t use it now.

@Azcowgirl  I too really like the theme song  for her holiday shows!!    I first heard it when Lisa Robertson had her Christmas shows and just loved  it each time I heard it .  It makes me feel festive 🎄

Respected Contributor

I think that lollipop tree is adorable.  I don't do gingerbread, but I think I have some cardboard houses tucked away in those colors.  If not, I think it will also be cute for Easter or spring vignettes.  Anyway, I couldn't resist it even though I think the price is high.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I think that lollipop tree is adorable.  I don't do gingerbread, but I think I have some cardboard houses tucked away in those colors.  If not, I think it will also be cute for Easter or spring vignettes.  Anyway, I couldn't resist it even though I think the price is high.

@Marsha2003   I like it also, still debating, have so much gingerbread/candy decor already.

Honored Contributor

I thought these new whitewashed set of 4 birds was cute.  Since they are not the expected red of cardinals, they could work in color schemes that were more pastel...

https://www.qvc.com/S4-Antiqued-Whitewash-Decorative-Birds-by-Valerie.product.H221089.html?sc=NAVLIS...

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl  Thanks for the info! I have to work, but I will be putting the napkin rings and the leaf votives on my wish list and hoping they show up on "as is." I love to use the rings for taper candle rings, but only if they are less expensive than local stores.Earlier this year I bought the gliter leaf pillars from Valerie. I really like them. And, I think I'll keep them up throughout the winter.

h219747_062.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I did order one thing from Valerie this year (with the exception of those new lanterns she brought that sold out in minutes) and it will be going back it is a set of three votives

https://www.qvc.com/S3-Illuminated-Embossed-Leaf-%26-Pearl-Votives-w-Sheer-Bags-by-Valerie.product.H...

They are turning black inside, as if I were burning real candles in them. Something in the mercury glass paint inside them must be oxidizing, and they look dirty and used after just a couple of weeks. 

Not a fan of the quality from QVC in general these days. 

Will be looking forward to watching though.

Wow! I just read this. I wanted the leaf votives. 

Valued Contributor

A few years ago Valerie's shows continued into Nov and Dec.

I think she'll do a few spots during Christmas shows, 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

In case it is helpful, the images posted on Facebook today are definitely not all that Valerie is bringing—I've seen several items show up in the "New" listings here on the website yesterday and today, and none of them was pictured in Valerie's mini sneak peek. Just search for BY VALERIE and sort for the newest items to keep an eye on the latest and greatest...

ETA: Be sure to keep on scrolling down the list of results so you don't miss anything brand new; the site does not do a very good job of listing things from the very newest to the very oldest no matter how you specify the sorting. Once you stop seeing "New" near item titles, you've likely caught all the truly new things. (And this is also a handy way to quickly catch all the items that have just been posted in the "as is" category.)

Esteemed Contributor

@countrylady - Back in the day, Valerie used to do shows all the way up through the weeks just before Christmas, but for the past five or six years, she has wrapped up her appearances by the first part of November so she can go home and spend the last part of the year with her family. It is likely that some of her items will continue to be presented as the weeks go by, but Valerie will not be on QVC sharing them herself.

Honored Contributor

I think it's wise that Valerie will not be here in November.  Given how slow QVC's shipping is these days, the items might not get to you until right before Christmas.  Most people want to put their decorations up right after Thanksgiving.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau