Valued Contributor

Re: ANYONE LIKE OR BUY VALERIES MERCURY GLASS CHARGERS?

@AuntG-- I should have read your post before I posted.  I saw the same article.  I didn't even know there was such a thing as "charger etiquette!"

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

I heard that too @mousiegirl , and it didn't make sense to me.  Why would you remove the charger plate before serving dinner?  I googled, and found that chargers should be removed AFTER dinner.  The article said you should never serve dessert on a charger.  That makes a little more sense (I guess).  In the end, your house - your rules!

@Beauty Maven   I think these chargers are too fragile, can't take any heat, can't take any liquid or the paint runs, etc., so iI cancelled both sets, don't have room for them anyway.

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl-- I was in the Dollar Store today, and they had some decent looking chargers for (you guessed it) a dollar a piece!  They had red, gold and silver.  Yes, they are plastic, but so what.  You just want that pop of color showing underneath your dinner plate.  If someone is on a budget, it's a great alternative Smiley Surprised)

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Seriously, why would anyone remove the chargers before putting food on their plates? I'm going to read the description. I always considered Valerie to have an easy style that the average person could achieve in their home. This is too fussy.

*edited to add*

It was Jayne who said you "always" remove the charger plates before serving the food. Valerie nodded.

@AuntG   That's just what I thought when I heard Jane say that I was What?!  I never take my chargers away they are part of my table scape.  She said you take them away before putting the heavy plate ,   I guess she means the dinner plate ,   Makes no sense😏

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Seriously, why would anyone remove the chargers before putting food on their plates? I'm going to read the description. I always considered Valerie to have an easy style that the average person could achieve in their home. This is too fussy.

*edited to add*

It was Jayne who said you "always" remove the charger plates before serving the food. Valerie nodded.

@AuntG   That's just what I thought when I heard Jane say that I was What?!  I never take my chargers away they are part of my table scape.  She said you take them away before putting the heavy plate ,   I guess she means the dinner plate ,   Makes no sense😏

@Kitty Galore   It makes sense when the chargers are glass, which I have never seen before.  Mercury glass is too fragile in many ways to be chargers, and I bet Valerie had in mind that they be used in other ways than chargers.  I cancelled both sets, do not need the aggravation, nor do I really have the space to store them due to all of my other decor.