Respected Contributor

ANXIOUSLY WAITING FOR THE HOLIDAY

Coming up next week,I believe, is Labor Day weekend.The 3 day weekend thrills me like a brand new car.Anyone else feel like this?

Respected Contributor

Re: ANXIOUSLY WAITING FOR THE HOLIDAY

Nope! I always meet that weekend with dread. I return back to work...at a school. It's the same feeling you got as a kid when summer was over. Sucks! 😝 

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam , I'm retired so everyday is a holiday, but I rememeber that feeling of anticipation. Are you still working 2 jobs?

Honored Contributor

No, just another day with no mail delivery.  What's to get all fluttery about?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam - I'll join in your excitement! It's always nice to have a day off, and it's even better when that day is heralding the upcoming fall season. I spend the entire weekend getting out alllllll of my pumpkins and decorating for autumn, the only event that makes any impact on my home besides Christmas. Looking forward to lots of cooler days and warmer colors...  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

My husband is retiring that week after 46 years with the same company. He only has 7 more working days. He made sure to take his sick time here and there before leaving that's why it's only 7 more working days. He has been looking forward to that day for months. 

Honored Contributor

We have our annual "Labor Day Lift Off " balloon fest is that weekend. It's fun to see some of them pass over my house if the wind blows this way. Dog goes nuts though! 

Respected Contributor

When I was still working ANY day off was cause for celebration!

Valued Contributor

@Meowingkitty I believe I began looking forward to that day since the first week of my full time job in state government. Wishing you both the best, and I hope he won't get bored, and he'll wake up happy every day glad that he doesn't need to go to work!

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam @Kachina624 Maybe if you worked 2 jobs like the OP you might look forward to it too. Good grief.