Respected Contributor

Re: AM I JUST A CHEAPSKATE????

Does it really matter if others have 1 tree or 4 trees or zero trees? I love seeing the pictures posted on the holiday forum as the seasons roll on. I can  appreciate others’ aesthetics even if it’s not my style.

The hosts paint pictures of Christmas decorating for the sole purpose of making sales, but only you know what’s right for your family priorities and style. I try to not to get caught up in the picture painting moment that ends up being a waste of money. I walk away, do a small task, look at my Christmas totes stacked in the garage, get a drink, whatever, and then come back to the shopping cart and quite often hit delete.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@matty liz wrote:

You are so right on.  When I notice QVC has a todays special value on for 3 days, you'd think someone would catch on.  VPH had some darling things butto put the combinations together she suggested made the prices out of sight.  I have a feeling HL will come up with similar things and at the time they have 50% off it will be fun.

@matty liz 

if you see something you like of Vals,checkout Amazon first and if they have it (they usually do) it is so much cheaper there and free shipping if you have Prime.. Smiley Wink.

@MalteseMomma   One does not have to be a member of Prime to get free shipping.

Honored Contributor

No not at all!!!  In fact, I think I just might buy one to give to my UPS driver for his truck....lol!!! Drives me INSANE when they list the people you should buy for ...ugh..

Well, when my kids were small they had a tree (3') in their room with a kids nativity set.  They had many enjoyable years of decorating it with their homemade decorations, etc.

I think I bought this tree at the KMart for about $5-8 and it lasted for years (of course, I had to put lights on it!).

Q hosts will say ANYTHING to get you to buy it -- esp. on impulse!!!  I've done my share of those!!! lol

My niece and I have been watching Valerie all weekend and doing a "wish list" for her ... oh my, I told her we'd be BROKE if we bought everything she "loved" to get the same look as "staged" on VPH shows.  

Sometimes, one just has to come to their "senses" and realize its a shopping channel and there are better options, prices and more out there in Brick and Mortar stores.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Soooo expensive VPH items. To gather enough to duplicate her settings is a lot of money. The cheap looking metal sleigh is over $100. With shipping and handling 😳 And of course you need a pair🤣🤣🤣🤣. I do miss the soft-spoken Valeria 🙈.
Contributor

At the end of the day, everyone does what works best for them. At Christmas and all year round. I personally couldn't stomach spending so much on such a small tree, but I guess it’s all relative. I know I spend more on handbags than most reasonable people do. 🤦🏻‍♀️

All this talk of extra trees will definitely have me stalking my local Walmart for those cute, inexpensive 4-footers now, though! 🤣 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree! And I might add, I have never known anyone in my entire life who had 2 trees until 2 years ago. My friends son puts one on the balcony of his home and one in the living room. Otherwise everyone I know and have known my entire life has one tree! 

Sorry but same thing with gifts for so and so and so and so! We buy for immediate family only and give our hair stylist a bigger tip at Christmas. We dont buy the mail man the ups man the fed ex man the trash man and everyone on earth we know a gift! (now years ago we bouught some friends gifts but we all stopped that)

QVC acts like everyones a millionaire! lol

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, @Spurt, you are not a cheapskate.  Kids don't need an expensive tree.

Even many wealthy people don't spend unwisely.  They enjoy the peace of mind and security of having money in the bank.  

Then there are those spending this much on trees who can't afford it.