Honored Contributor

AM I JUST A CHEAPSKATE????

[ Edited ]

You constantly hear the vendors and hosts urging viewers to purchase a 5ft tree for their kid's bedroom....after purchasing a 7ft or 9 ft tree for the family of course....the TSV 5ft tree was $249.....Am I a cheapskate or do parents actually spend that kind of money on a tree for their kid's bedroom???  What happened to going to Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Wamart, Target etc and getting a nice $10 tree and a few ornaments for their kid?????.......This one was $10.  Or am I behind the times????...

Dimensions:

• Width: 12 1/2"
  • Height: 18"

Miniature Christmas Tree

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Re: AM I JUST A CHEAPSKATE????

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

you are correct.  ......and may I add................

Whatever happened to having only 1 "family tree" in the living room,so the whole family can gather around it all together and not be hidden away in their own rooms talking on phones or FB????? 

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Spurt 

Whatever happened to having only 1 "family tree" in the living room,so the whole family can gather around it all together and not be hidden away in their own rooms talking on phones or FB????? 

@MalteseMomma 

Excellent point!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

"""  A fool and his/her money are soon parted...''''    all I have to say about that !

Valued Contributor

You are so right on.  When I notice QVC has a todays special value on for 3 days, you'd think someone would catch on.  VPH had some darling things butto put the combinations together she suggested made the prices out of sight.  I have a feeling HL will come up with similar things and at the time they have 50% off it will be fun.

Esteemed Contributor

@matty liz wrote:

You are so right on.  When I notice QVC has a todays special value on for 3 days, you'd think someone would catch on.  VPH had some darling things butto put the combinations together she suggested made the prices out of sight.  I have a feeling HL will come up with similar things and at the time they have 50% off it will be fun.

@matty liz 

if you see something you like of Vals,checkout Amazon first and if they have it (they usually do) it is so much cheaper there and free shipping if you have Prime.. Smiley Wink.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  I love those little trees! I have 3 of them and place them in my bedroom, kitchen and on a entryway table. Large tree in the great room. The small trees are easy to store and to decorate. 

I don't think I am a cheapskate (or you). These trees last forever and I love that I can change up how I decoate  them every year. 

BTW, QVC had a 3ft version of the TSV tree and it was $129 & $13 shipping.  While the light colors and functions were cool, I would not spend that much on a 3foot tree. JMO.

Contributor

Agree with all points here! I love decorating all our main rooms for Christmas, but we only do one tree and it’s in our living room. Last year we saw cute, inexpensive 4’ trees at Walmart for around $20 each, maybe $25 for the prelit. I considered buying one for my boys’ playroom because we all spend a fair amount of time in there, but it sold out fast! If I can catch it early enough this year, I might for $25...but $250?! No way! 

Honored Contributor

Those that can do.  And the vendors are speaking to those that can.  I don't think much about it.  Whatever makes a person happy.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Spurt 

@MalteseMomma 

Excellent point!!!

@Spurt  No, you are not a "cheapskate."   

Personally, I am beyond the saturation point with "Christmas" decorating.