Trusted Contributor

Re: A tale of too many pumpkins...

very pretty @crazycockermom   I have a pumpkin addicition also.  I certaintly don't NEED anymore pumpkins but I HAVE to buy two more.  I purchased a pumpkin from Etsy for each grandchild with their names carved into it..  Had twins two years ago and I have yet to get their pumpkin made. So I need to get on that.

I won't mention again how much I love your doggies.  Smiley Happy  You know we expect them to be in every picture you post.

Respected Contributor

<blockquote><hr /><li-user login="mominohio" uid="19574"></li-user>&nbsp;wrote:<br />
<blockquote><hr /><li-user login="morewineplease" uid="9778"></li-user>&nbsp;wrote:<br /><li-user login="oznell" uid="51775"></li-user>and <li-user login="OKPrincess" uid="227428"></li-user><br /><br />Thank you both! Just to clarify, the pumpkins were put where they were temporarily. They are now hiding in my back bedroom. I just wanted to see how they might look with some of my decor. The bunnies will not be displayed with my pumpkins come autumn!<br /><br />Some were saying how dingy the ivory looked. I agree they aren&rsquo;t like your typical ivory, but I&rsquo;m thinking they look ok on my hearth with the lanterns and such. We&rsquo;ll see...<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><hr /><li-user login="morewineplease" uid="9778"></li-user>&nbsp;wrote:<br /><li-user login="oznell" uid="51775"></li-user>and <li-user login="OKPrincess" uid="227428"></li-user><br /><br />Thank you both! Just to clarify, the pumpkins were put where they were temporarily. They are now hiding in my back bedroom. I just wanted to see how they might look with some of my decor. The bunnies will not be displayed with my pumpkins come autumn!<br /><br />Some were saying how dingy the ivory looked. I agree they aren&rsquo;t like your typical ivory, but I&rsquo;m thinking they look ok on my hearth with the lanterns and such. We&rsquo;ll see...<hr /></blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I passed on those ivory pumpkins because I thought they were too white and too pristine. Your picture makes them look more distressed and darker, and I have to say I love the way they look in your photo, and I think they will look great if you end up using them near your fireplace (you know I love your fireplace, and I never get tired of pictures of it!).&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>There you go again, with those sweetie dogs! I never get tired of seeing them either.</p>
<hr /></blockquote>
<p>Thanks so much! 😊</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Yes, if the pumpkins were whiter they would look out of place. &nbsp;I was really dreading opening them after reading reviews but I really like them and plan to use them on my hearth. &nbsp;I like the distressed look to them. &nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>My cockers are so curious, especially about new things, that it&rsquo;s hard to get a pic without them! &nbsp;On that note, I also like that the pumpkins are resin since they will be on the hearth, in reach of the dogs and I don&rsquo;t have to worry about breakage.&nbsp;</p>
Respected Contributor

@Zsazsa wrote:

@crazycockermom Loved your post and your photos! I felt like I was right there with you hurrying about your beautiful home to check out your new treasures before your dh returns! Just need enough extra time to give those puppies a hug!

The pumpkins look awesome in your photos. Liked the sets of resin carved pumpkins both in ivory and green. I also got the Barbara King pumpkin for my kitchen table and two of the acorn/artichokes for the mantle in the kitchen.  Hope all of my new ‘wanted but certainly not needed’ pumpkins look as nice in my home.

@Zsazsa

Thanks so much for your kind comments!   Please report back how you like your Barbara King items.  I was tempted by the artichoke pieces but I recently got the hobnail pedestals and BL moving flame candles for my mantle so couldn’t justify it.  My kitchen mantle/shelf above the stove is too narrow for them, but they would look nice in a kitchen.  Please post pics if you can!

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@crazycockermom, They all look really good where you temporarily placed them.  The other day I read their reviews and saw where someone photographed theirs with the uneven blotchy glow thing happening, the issue I had noticed when presented.  I hope yours are acceptable when lit, if you plan to light them, that is.  They look cute unlit in your pics.

Thanks!! Yeah, I didn’t notice the blotchiness on air (maybe because I only watched clips on my phone, not the full presentation), but I did see those review pics of the blotchiness which was not attractive.   If mine are blotchy, no biggie. I like them as is unlit.  We’ll see...

Respected Contributor

@ripka junkie wrote:

@crazycockermom

You and I have very simular decor taste!

I love and own 8 of the candle holders on you have on your mantle.  I know I lstalked "as is"  to purchase 6 of the 8 i own.  I love mine and yours look beautiful on your mantle.   i also have 2 of the white lanterns from Luminara.!  

Beautiful home.

Thank you @ripka junkie!!

I love those candle holders too!!  One of my favorite purchases. 

Respected Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

very pretty @crazycockermom   I have a pumpkin addicition also.  I certaintly don't NEED anymore pumpkins but I HAVE to buy two more.  I purchased a pumpkin from Etsy for each grandchild with their names carved into it..  Had twins two years ago and I have yet to get their pumpkin made. So I need to get on that.

I won't mention again how much I love your doggies.  Smiley Happy  You know we expect them to be in every picture you post.

@yellowrose

Funny how some of us are addicted to pumpkins.  😊 Those personalized carved pumpkins sound awesome!  What a neat gift for your grandkids!!

Thanks!  I love to try and include my dogs in my pics.  💜