Respected Contributor

Re: A tale of too many pumpkins...

@ladycos wrote:

@crazycockermom

I think you made some great choices. Luv the green , I always kinda of gravitate toward green. I picked up some of the off white pumpkins last year and love them also.. I can identify with beating DH home, lol! 

Thank you!   My “formal” living room has pale green walls so I thought the green pumpkins might be good in there.  And off-white/ivory is a nice neutral change from orange so wanted to try those.  Glad you like yours.  And funny you can relate to beating DH home!  Lol

Honored Contributor

@ladycos wrote:

@crazycockermom

I think you made some great choices. Luv the green , I always kinda of gravitate toward green. I picked up some of the off white pumpkins last year and love them also.. I can identify with beating DH home, lol! 

Both of you are silly about beating DH home.  My DH and I are both retired so we’re home when the mail comes. Uh oh!!🙀🙀

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom

I like your selections--VERY NICE!!! Everyhing goes so well with your home! And I love those furry "pumpkins" too Smiley Wink 

I got the little pumpkins with inspirational words ---but in orange.....They are going to be mixed in with a fall vinette.  They arrived today, real cute!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom  Everything looks wonderful....so welcoming.

I love your dogs.....beautiful!

Valued Contributor

Love all your pumpkins including the 4 legged ones. Sure can relate to the husband/UPS challange. We are both retired also, and trying to get to the UPS guy before he hears the truck keeps me on my toes. Luckily, his hearing isn't the best and the UPS is very loud, so I can get outside to get my loot before he rings the doorbell. It is a mad dash through the garage to cut off the delivery to the porch and luckily DH doesn't check boxes in the garage. When he does go somewhere then I can check my goodies.

Honored Contributor

All the pumpkins look nice.  I didn't see the green ones and really like them.  I wanted the cream ones with the sayings, but I intentionally didn't look for them and they sold out.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

So like a lot of you, I vowed I wouldn’t get any more pumpkins this year.  Well, come Valerie’s harvest show and I ordered yet more pumpkins.  Yesterday, DH and I met at Costco after work.   We loaded up my car and I quickly headed home.  I knew I had a delivery waiting for me.   I made it home in record time,  pulled into the driveway, raced to the front door, grabbed the packages waiting for me and hid them in the garage moments before DH arrived home.   Today, I had a few more packages waiting for me so I made sure I beat him home.  Fortunately I had a little bit more time and was able to unpack a few things.   I even had time to take a few really quick pics, but these were really quick so please excuse the sloppiness.  

I ordered the resin carved pumpkins that I dreaded opening based on other reviews.  At first glance, these don’t look that bad to me, but I will have to inspect them more closely.  These are the green ones.  As I said, I was in a hurry so I took my Valerie swans down and put the pumpkins in their place.   This pic makes them look much more green than they are.  

7B916279-2D37-4BC2-B456-625F5C9C107B.jpeg

These are the ivory ones placed on my hearth.  Yes, I still have bunnies there.  Lol

06AFB6CA-E781-4C98-B16A-BE55528F2E32.jpeg

Yes, they are a little darker than ivory.  I didn’t have time to put batteries in and see how they look lit.  Maybe I’ll get a chance this weekend.  

Here are  the cute little pumpkins with sayings.  They are cute and not cheap looking.  I think they are ceramic.  

E821EEEC-1EBD-485B-B012-237286A3128E.jpeg

I also got the Barbara King pumpkin.  Need to try it with batteries.  

B8062929-FEC4-49E4-9F9E-886D1AEC7351.jpeg

I appreciate any input on the carved pumpkins.  I still have a few other things to open when I get a chance.  

@crazycockermom

I am a seasonal decorating failure, but love the carved gord and pumpkin in white once I saw them in your home.

Wouldn’t you know, looked them up and all that remain are pale blue!  What the heck?

Well,

enjoyed seeing yours, and your sweet babies!  Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Very pretty! I bought 3 pumpkins & a green gourd at The Dollar Store today, they have a distressed finish with tin tendrils & leaf on the stem...the cashier said, Oh you got the heavy ones they're my favorite too. Wanted a little something new for Fall decor, I was good & didn't blow my budget.

Frequent Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

So like a lot of you, I vowed I wouldn’t get any more pumpkins this year.  Well, come Valerie’s harvest show and I ordered yet more pumpkins.  Yesterday, DH and I met at Costco after work.   We loaded up my car and I quickly headed home.  I knew I had a delivery waiting for me.   I made it home in record time,  pulled into the driveway, raced to the front door, grabbed the packages waiting for me and hid them in the garage moments before DH arrived home.   Today, I had a few more packages waiting for me so I made sure I beat him home.  Fortunately I had a little bit more time and was able to unpack a few things.   I even had time to take a few really quick pics, but these were really quick so please excuse the sloppiness.  

I ordered the resin carved pumpkins that I dreaded opening based on other reviews.  At first glance, these don’t look that bad to me, but I will have to inspect them more closely.  These are the green ones.  As I said, I was in a hurry so I took my Valerie swans down and put the pumpkins in their place.   This pic makes them look much more green than they are.  

7B916279-2D37-4BC2-B456-625F5C9C107B.jpeg

These are the ivory ones placed on my hearth.  Yes, I still have bunnies there.  Lol

06AFB6CA-E781-4C98-B16A-BE55528F2E32.jpeg

Yes, they are a little darker than ivory.  I didn’t have time to put batteries in and see how they look lit.  Maybe I’ll get a chance this weekend.  

Here are  the cute little pumpkins with sayings.  They are cute and not cheap looking.  I think they are ceramic.  

E821EEEC-1EBD-485B-B012-237286A3128E.jpeg

I also got the Barbara King pumpkin.  Need to try it with batteries.  

B8062929-FEC4-49E4-9F9E-886D1AEC7351.jpeg

I appreciate any input on the carved pumpkins.  I still have a few other things to open when I get a chance.  

It looks like all your purchases are keepers.  I also think your fur babies are adorable.  Where did you get that fireplace screen?  It's beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Your pictures are beautiful.  I love the green ones.  The small ones with the words always must be displayed in front of your gorgeous puppy!  Both your dogs are so beautiful. 

I digress -- I love the way the ivory one look on your hearth too. 

Now I wish I had purchased those cut-out pumpkins too!

Your home looks so cozy.  I just love it.  Thank you for sharing your pics.  Now slow down girl!  You had me exhausted from thinking about you running around before your husband got home!