Super Contributor

A surprise visit from the Easter Bunny!

[ Edited ]

Wanted to share an order fulfillment mishap that turned out to be a wonderful surprise for me! 

I have been admiring Valerie's pairs of resin Easter animals (bunnies, lambs and this year, the ducks) with the floral necklace garlands, but hadn't followed through with ordering.  This year, when Valerie added the carved design candlestick version, I decided to order.  I have been very happy with the carved design candlesticks for winter ...ordering several for myself and for gifts. 

I was so disappointed when I checked in the day they were presented and the bunny had already sold out!  The lamb and the chick are cute ... but I really was hoping to purchase the bunny as well as the chick and the lamb to have a set of all three.  A few days later, the lamb showed up in 'as is' ... and while not a big savings, I purchased him.  A few days after that the chick showed up in 'as is' ... and I purchased him as well, hoping that eventually the bunny would also show up in 'as is' ...or perhaps I would be able to add him if he returns next year.

Well, I had to laugh at myself when I opened the box with the 'as is' chick today and found the bunny in the box instead!  I gasped just like I did when I found my basket on Easter morning when I was a little girl! LOL!  I was so happy!  So of course I had to quickly order the chick to complete the set of three.  Now when the chick arrives I should have the set of three ... unless it happens to be another bunny ... haha.  The label on the box was also marked 'chick'. 

As someone in the review section commented, I did have to gently shake the bunny to have the pieces of carved resin that had fallen inside the piece come out through the larger holes.  It only took a few minutes, and I was so happy to have receivd the bunny that I didn't mind!  The lamb candlestick did not have this issue.

I know that many of us are so disappointed when things arrive broken ...or not at all ...or the incorrect item arrives ... so I wanted to share that this time it was a really happy mistake for me.     

Respected Contributor

Re: A surprise visit from the Easter Bunny!

When things like this happen to me all feels right with the world. I realize it's a little thing but it's a special wonderful surprise. It feels like you've been gifted something wonderful from someone who loves you and is maybe looking down smiling. 

Esteemed Contributor

i had a surprise visit today that didn't go as well as yours did....i've been waiting for a delayed walmart order....it arrived late this afternoon....took the box in the house....put it on the kitchen table.....felt something wet.....it was a broken bottle of olive oil in the box...left a trail of oil all over the kitchen floor....and covered everything in the box......what a freakin mess!!  called walmart...my refund is already in process.....now i'm gonna put the backdoor rug in the washing machine.....ugh........glad your surprise went better than mine!  enjoy your bunny!!

Super Contributor

Oh @Lali1 ... I loved your reply to my post.  We lost my beautiful MIL just over a week ago ... who loved decorating for the holidays as much as I do ... and she so enjoyed coming over to see my decorations every holiday. She was always so complimentary of anything I did, and she would describe my decor to everyone in the family ... even the relatives in Italy knew how I decorated because she would tell them!  And she was such a great story teller, that everything sounded better because she made it sound so wonderful.  We always had a very special relationship.

I can't tell you how your kind reply touched my heart.  The bunny was such a nice surprise ... but because you took the time to write that lovely message, now he means so much more.  Thank you.

Super Contributor

@nana59  Ugh!  Don't you hate when that happens?  Receiving the broken bottle is discouraging  .... but then when olive oil gets all over everything else including the kitchen floor. 

I'm going to send up a little prayer that tomorrow is much better for you! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Zsazsa wrote:

@nana59  Ugh!  Don't you hate when that happens?  Receiving the broken bottle is discouraging  .... but then when olive oil gets all over everything else including the kitchen floor. 

I'm going to send up a little prayer that tomorrow is much better for you! Smiley Wink

thank you!

Respected Contributor

What a nice error in your favor, @Zsazsa   I had something similar happen two years ago when Martha Stewart sold pumpkin Luminara candles.  There was a mix-up on air and in the listing about which color was which.  The color I wanted was sold out, but I ordered the other color figuring that I could make it work.  Because of the listing/presentation mistake, I actually received the color I originally wanted.  I felt sad for all of those received the wrong color, but was happy for myself.

Respected Contributor

@Zsazsa wrote:

Oh @Lali1 ... I loved your reply to my post.  We lost my beautiful MIL just over a week ago ... who loved decorating for the holidays as much as I do ... and she so enjoyed coming over to see my decorations every holiday. She was always so complimentary of anything I did, and she would describe my decor to everyone in the family ... even the relatives in Italy knew how I decorated because she would tell them!  And she was such a great story teller, that everything sounded better because she made it sound so wonderful.  We always had a very special relationship.

I can't tell you how your kind reply touched my heart.  The bunny was such a nice surprise ... but because you took the time to write that lovely message, now he means so much more.  Thank you.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear sweet MIL. I was also touched by your post. It reminded me of things like this happening in my own life and the warm fuzzy feeling I always get.Enjoy your bunny. 

Respected Contributor

Sometimes things have a way of working out! 😊
Last year I ordered one of each of Martha Stewart’s luminaries. But I received two snowmen instead of the tree. And of course it sold out. Instead of returning it, I decided to gift it to my MIL who loves snowmen, and she loved it!
I stil want the tree luminary though, lol.
Honored Contributor

@Zsazsa 

SEE........the Easter bunny DID come!!!

See the source image