Trusted Contributor

Re: A few last pictures before it's all over

@Mominohio

Everything looks so nice and I am sure that you had a good holiday.  We had a busy Christmas season with lots of people over.  It rained here all day on Tuesday so I decided to go ahead and take my tree and decor down; I have to go back to school on Monday and I knew it would be harder to do then.  I put out snowmen decorations, placemats and towels in my kitchen.  In my livingroom, I put out some Luminaria candles with white flowers on the candlerings.  I bought some cotton boll candle rings at a shop near Nashville.  They have a sparkle on the cotton boll husks; I really like them because with the candles they give a nice glow.  We will leave up our outside lights for another week probably.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

For many holidays now, I just have not wanted to "mess with" fine china! 

Love my lightweight Corelle (plain white) but a pattern (if dishwasher safe) would be fun.

DD wants the crystal, which we still use but rarely.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.  I am kind of relieved, kind of sad that the holidays will be coming to an end.  A new year, back to reality.  In my family we have 3 January birthdays and 1 in February so the celebrations will continue for awhile. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio
Love everything! I am really envious of those lanterns. They look perfect there.

Your dining table is really pretty, hard to believe those cute dishes are so inexpensive. I use my mom's China because I only have a few occasions to use it and it reminds me of the times when my mom would use it. I use my grandmother's silver too.

Love your other vintage looking pieces and figurines. I bet people ooh and ahh when they walk into your home. Very lovely and warm.

I am not ready to take everything down. I'm literally exhausted and worn out from all the preparations. Working overtime on projects and the bathroom remodel didn't help matters. I am just going to enjoy all the decorations a bit longer.
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:
  1. 20161229_162456.jpgany one else get these vintage children from VPH? 
  2. There is one more in the set, two kids decorating a tree. I wish she would do more things like this 

@Mominohio  Are the candles red Mirage?

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@Mominohio Charming and so Christmas cozy! Anyone would feel welcome in your home. 

I tried to hold out but something just prompted me to pack up the tree today and reclaim my home. I just had the feeling it was time.

I so enjoyed the holiday forum this past year. With few exceptions, posters were eager to share ideas, ask for solutions or input, and encouraged others. It does not mean we didn't share dislikes or desires for improvement, but it was done with respect for other's choices. Thanks to everyone for making this a great forum.

@SunValley

I agree that this is the best forum on these boards. There is almost never any contention, when people ask for input, they don't get mad when someone gives it and most everyone handles themselves with kindness and encouragement. 

I'm kind of getting ready to move on from the whole holiday thing by the middle of next week, but I will miss all the fun we have had here. 

Only 7 months till Christmas in July though!!!

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

@Mominohio

Everything looks so nice and I am sure that you had a good holiday.  We had a busy Christmas season with lots of people over.  It rained here all day on Tuesday so I decided to go ahead and take my tree and decor down; I have to go back to school on Monday and I knew it would be harder to do then.  I put out snowmen decorations, placemats and towels in my kitchen.  In my livingroom, I put out some Luminaria candles with white flowers on the candlerings.  I bought some cotton boll candle rings at a shop near Nashville.  They have a sparkle on the cotton boll husks; I really like them because with the candles they give a nice glow.  We will leave up our outside lights for another week probably.

@Tennesseegal

I know anyone teaching school (or going to school!!) is ready to get the tear down and pack up done before they get back to the grind. 

I remember when my kid was little, the Christmas/winter break always seemed like it was going to be so long when it started (it was usually two weeks) but it flew by so fast. So I can imagine anyone who teaches feels that it does as well!

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@Mominohio
Love everything! I am really envious of those lanterns. They look perfect there.

Your dining table is really pretty, hard to believe those cute dishes are so inexpensive. I use my mom's China because I only have a few occasions to use it and it reminds me of the times when my mom would use it. I use my grandmother's silver too.

Love your other vintage looking pieces and figurines. I bet people ooh and ahh when they walk into your home. Very lovely and warm.

I am not ready to take everything down. I'm literally exhausted and worn out from all the preparations. Working overtime on projects and the bathroom remodel didn't help matters. I am just going to enjoy all the decorations a bit longer.

@crazycockermom

I hear you about wanting to enjoy things just a little longer. It is so much work to put everything together, because for most of us, it is way more than the decorating. There is shopping, baking, cooking, wrapping, cleaning, and then all the things we want to or have to do for school programs, church functions, charities etc. 

Kind of makes me tired just listing them all!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:
  1. 20161229_162456.jpgany one else get these vintage children from VPH? 
  2. There is one more in the set, two kids decorating a tree. I wish she would do more things like this 

@Mominohio  Are the candles red Mirage?

Yep! We love our Mirage candles! I keep hoping they bring back more of those mottled ones in some other colors. I have green, red, honey, and cream and gray. 

I bought the set of three Mirage candles in burgundy, and they are nice, but not as rich looking as the mottled ones. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

Oh, and those candle rings were VPH. They were on early in the season, and sold out quickly. I wish she would bring more of those nice things. I think her rings are too expensive compared to a local place I have available, but she does, every once in awhile bring some like these that I just love, but by the time you know you love them, the are sold out and you can't get more.